Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

POTENTIAL ISSUE

Someone tried to scam me a couple months ago.
I placed an add for a video output board for an Inspire 2 controller, and someone contacted me offering a used Cendence below market. There were pictures of it, and an explanation saying that the owner was getting out of the market and just wanted to sell everything as soon as possible. I decided to buy it, but wanted to use PayPal so I was offered some protection.
The seller was using was a logistics company I had never heard of. I checked them out on the Internet and there was only a landing page. Very well done but no contact information, headquarters, or any other way to contact them except through the seller.
I received an update by email from the seller saying that the shipment was stuck in a holding station a couple of states away because there was a mismatch between the invoice and the waybill. The only way I could get it out was to pay an additional $700. I knew this was the scam.
I contacted PayPal which impounded the payment for them, and refunded it to me. Lesson learned.

Glad it worked out favorably for you. Similar to the scams where your emailed and the person that emailed you has a large sum of money or gold they needed to ship to the USA. If you help them by paying the shipper upfront the money needed to get it to the USA, you will receive a substantial share of the funds – Yeah right

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku