Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Private Livestream

RNCotton

Reaction score
Website
www.rogercotton.com
I almost put this in the Public Safety section, but figured I'd get a better response here.

I'm with a large metro fire department and we're trying to come up with a working solution that allows me to fly the Phantom 4 Pro and Chief can sit in his office and watch the video.

I know that I can stream to YouTube as a private stream, from the tablet, and then anyone with the URL can watch the video. But what other options do we have? We obviously don't want it general public.

We may have a dozen chiefs that want to monitor the scene remotely.

What's your budget for this project? There are tons of options but most of them get very pricey very quickly.

We use the Private YT option and it works fairly well "usually". We simply send the private URL to whoever "needs" the video feed. We've done it dozens of times in "practice" and 3 different times "Live". We had our EOC online watching io the HUGE TV and it worked splendidly.

Reactions: RNCotton
What's your budget for this project?

Right now, there is no line in the budget ... so it's a blank slate. ;)

This is new territory to us. We're in the process of getting our COA and within the year we will have our fleet of UAS in use by our Special Ops teams. Meanwhile, I'm the one they are looking to for a lot of answers, such as, "How do we livestream, and how much money do we need to put in the budget for it?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysadtech99