Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Realtors and some new regulation ??

Adam Smith

Reaction score
In the past week i have stumbled upon several sites with this same verbiage and am wondering what this regulation is, what they are referring to, Etc. I always like FAA material... but i can't seem to find anything (havent researched intensely) was hoping if someone has seen this same thing and may have a link or something reliable.

"Did you know the Federal Aviation Administration created a new regulation regarding flying drone for commercial purposes? If you’re a realtor, photographer or business owner looking to fly drones then this applies to you! Oh yes, this law applies to you even if you’re using the drone to enhance your personal business – like a realtor taking photos for her own listings or a roofing contractor using a drone to view the roof to provide an estimate.

Breaking this regulation is punishable with possible jail time and fine of $100K+.
"

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Nothing "new" about it anymore as the FAA regulations for commercial drone use were put in place 2 years ago, which require that you pass an FAA test and obtain an FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate. What you are coming across looks like ads from companies selling their Part 107 study guides and courses. Their ad is just worded poorly and are using the word "new" very loosely -- or more likely haven't updated their website in a couple of years.

In the past week i have stumbled upon several sites with this same verbiage and am wondering what this regulation is, what they are referring to
It's poor wording they are using to scare customers into paying for a professional.
Nothing authoritative.
Here's one site with those words: Licensed Drone Professionals
There's another as well.
It looks like one might be original and the other copied it.

In the past week i have stumbled upon several sites with this same verbiage and am wondering what this regulation is, what they are referring to, Etc. I always like FAA material... but i can't seem to find anything (havent researched intensely) was hoping if someone has seen this same thing and may have a link or something reliable.

"Did you know the Federal Aviation Administration created a new regulation regarding flying drone for commercial purposes? If you’re a realtor, photographer or business owner looking to fly drones then this applies to you! Oh yes, this law applies to you even if you’re using the drone to enhance your personal business – like a realtor taking photos for her own listings or a roofing contractor using a drone to view the roof to provide an estimate.

Breaking this regulation is punishable with possible jail time and fine of $100K+.
"
Nothing knew there, just reaffirming commercial operators rules but the $100K is hyperbole (nice way of saying BS).

Anyone that has run ins with the FAA knows full well that you need to do something pretty stupid to get fined. First violations are normally reprimands other than things like flying under the influence, reckless endangerment, ect. I have received two warnings from the FAA, one for flying too low over a city (500 ft), and the other for spraying cars with insecticide. Both came with a fanny chewing, and don't do that again, and I didn't. Now repeated offenses gets their feathers ruffled and for good reason, that says to them you don't care about their regulations. The first violation was clearly my fault, the second was due to a valve not closing. Had an aircraft grounded once because the annual was four month overdue, but no fine.

What I'm trying to say, don't be afraid of the big bad wolf unless you are a dumb sheep that doesn't play by the rules.

"
I spoke to the Florida Real Estate Commission about this very thing - about creating awareness amongst its rank and file.

Guys, thanks. I was thinking similar. Basically saying to a more non investigative entity. Just saying you need a person that holds a 107. Sadly, I likely works on some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rats404