Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Reasonably priced made in US for tower inspections

kloogee

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a Made in USA drone that is “reasonably” priced for tower inspections?

Three main requirements that have been communicated are made in USA, at least 20MP camera, able to handle >30mph winds.

Any thoughts?

Any suggestions for a Made in USA drone that is “reasonably” priced for tower inspections?

Three main requirements that have been communicated are made in USA, at least 20MP camera, able to handle >30mph winds.

Any thoughts?
What do you consider reasonable?
Anything made (Still Chinese Parts) in America will be in the range of 10k plus that I'm aware of.

Reactions: JimD
Check the Autel EVO II ABIUT $1,500-$2,000 . If you need thermal EVO II DUAL/THERMO around $9,000.

The product's airframe comes from China, its IR/Thermal cameras from FLIR in the US, and the Sony imaging technology is from Japan. The final product is assembled with American labor in Bothell, WA.

Im curious how long (flight-time wise) a typical tower inspection takes? An operator will need to ensure enough batteries on hand to complete the inspection (or invest in a tether system)

Im curious how long (flight-time wise) a typical tower inspection takes? An operator will need to ensure enough batteries on hand to complete the inspection (or invest in a tether system)

There is no set time, it all depends on what the client wants captured and what deliverable they require. I have done cell towers as short as 20 feet, I have also done radio towers as tall as 1600 feet. For the short one 1 battery set will be fine, for the 1600 foot tower you better have at least 5 sets of batteries depending on the drone you are using and or a charging system that will keep you flying all day long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann