Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Recommendations of where to find VOs? Specifically for night flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbird wine is back, and badder than ever. But now in the good “bad” sense.

E. & J. Gallo Winery’s Thunderbird wine, once know for its low price tag and high alcohol content, has been reborn and rebranded. Folks at downtown Modesto’s Mod Shop late last month were treated to a pop-up tasting event where the brand was introduced — or more accurately reintroduced — locally.

The new Thunderbird comes in sleek black bottles with the brand’s original bird logo. But instead of its citrusy flavor of yore, the wine now comes in three varietals: chardonnay, red blend and cabernet sauvignon.

First debuted by Gallo in 1957, Thunderbird was known for its striking yellow color and intoxicating effects. The formerly fortified beverage (initially containing a whopping alcohol content of about 20 percent, which later was lowered to about 17.5 percent) was a mix of wine and citrus flavoring. The company sold 19,000 cases the first month it was introduced in Los Angeles.

In the autobiography “Ernest & Julio Our Story,” Ernest Gallo wrote, “I had never seen a product that went from nothing to almost full growth in thirty days.”

The brand inspired an ubiquitous jingle as well that went, “What’s the word? Thunderbird! How’s it sold? Good and cold!” But after its initial popularity and novelty, it became grouped with other cheaper fortified wine like MD 20/20 and Wild Irish Rose.

We use to say

What's the word
Thunderbird

What's the price
Thirty twice

What's the action

Satisfaction

I sure hope not. That was a mean drunk and it only happened once. Come out the same color it went in.

Mine was Everclear Punch. In a trash can. North Texas State University dorm party, I was a Jr in high school. I don't remember much, but I will never forget being severely hungover for 3 DAYS. I have never repeated that. One look at a strawberry Koolaid punchbowl and I still heave.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Mine was Everclear Punch. In a trash can. North Texas State University dorm party, I was a Jr in high school. I don't remember much, but I will never forget being severely hungover for 3 DAYS. I have never repeated that. One look at a strawberry Koolaid punchbowl and I still heave.
I am the same way with blackberry brandy - South Hampton beach on Long Island in high school days. Won't go into the gross details but passed out in the sand after heaving ??

Reactions: Fred Garvin
We used to plug watermelons when I was in the military with Everclear. Good times; massive headaches.

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Garvin
We used to plug watermelons when I was in the military with Everclear. Good times; massive headaches.

A giant bowl with chunks of watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, honeydew....swimming in Everclear hours before.....uh huh....Everclear: Party like you mean it. Or need to clean the kitchen, bathroom...or disinfect a skin wound...or light a lamp...pretty versatile stuff.

Being you guys can’t stay true to the topic subject and seems he got his answer this is over.

CLOSED.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigAl07
Keep in mind that these "Off Topic" conversations are also part of the overall website and as such get crawled for new DATA which then goes to populate web searches. The above such terms/topics "could" lead a whole new group of search results to our Commercial Drone Forum that we really don't want to come here in the first place.

Just food for thought :)

Allen

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiweets Tool