Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Renewing Part 107 Remote Pilot?

Are you going renew your Part 107 pilot license when it expires?

• Yes

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
I currently don't have experience inspecting power lines. However, I am a quick learner. I recently retired from the communications RF industry and am familiar with electrical power in general. I own an M210RTK w/Z30 and X4S and Datalink Pro 900 Ground Station. I am willing to purchase an XT2 for my quad but have not had the need til now to do so. Can I contact you directly? My email - [email protected].

Is there a link available from the FAA website that states what you do to renew, as well as ability to use open-book for answers? Thanks!

I am debating whether to review my Part 107 remote pilot certificate which expires in 2019. I have made very little money and I'm not sure its worth it. I'm curious what others plan to do.

I renewed as soon as I was up for it. While I don't "make money" with the UAS, it allows me to do my job in an understaffed department without killing myself. The company pays for the renewal cert so all I had to do was show up and take the test.

Along with the new proposals for allowing flight over people and night flights without waiver, the FAA just proposed changing the renewal process: instead of taking the Recurrent Exam (and paying $150 for the privilege to the testing center), in the future they want to have a recurrent "training" process. From the looks of it, this will basically be an online test that is similar to the process that Current Part 61 pilots have access to when applying or renewing their Remote Pilot Certificates. This will likely be something you can just do at home and for no or little cost.

Source: https://www.faa.gov/uas/programs_pa..._NPRM_Operations_of_Small_UAS_Over_People.pdf

(check page 142)

Reactions: rvrrat14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM