Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Signing in from Spain

solvista

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm not a drone pilot, yet. Looking into exactly what I need to do to get into it commercially in Spain and farther afield.

´Tis all for now. Thanks

Welcome to the forum .
0rojyyg-png.892

I have an advanced Spanish RPA pilots certificate.

The benefit of the advanced RPA certificate is your are permitted to go BVLOS (500m+) using a spotter. Fly over urbanisations when the drone has a parachute attached. Weight of the drone should be under 2kg.

The steps are to find a ATO (training agency) chose a course. Some are online and others require class time. You have to go for an aviation medical for a Class 2 medical certificate. The ATO will tell you where to go.

The course is 60 hours of theory and 6 hours of practical training. Then a test for both parts. The RPA pilots certificate is only available in Spanish language. Spanish is not my first language so I was allowed to use google translate.

It’s about 120€ for the first medical and 750€ for the training. At 50 years old the medical is a yearly visit to the AME. (Aviation Medical Examiner)

Once you have the RPA pilots certificate. You are permitted to work for a registered operator as a drone pilot.

To work commercially for yourself you have to become a Registered Operator. This involves getting aircraft insurance from Mapfre. You produce your medical and pilot certificate to obtain the insurance.

Then apply to AESA for an operators license. Thats a lot of paperwork. Produce your pilots certificate, Class 2 medical, insurance. Then aircraft details, maintenance schedules, operational procedures etc.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91