Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SOP's and Flight Logs

adm_geomatics

Reaction score
Website
www.admgeomatics.com
Good morning all! I thought I would take another poll to see how this professional community is conducting business.

Whether you are an individual or corporate operator do you maintain a Standard Operating Procedures manual?
Creating an SOP and including our Drone Services program in our corporate insurance was the first thing we did before we started providing services to external parties. We did operate for about 6 months internally though and thank God nothing happened.

Do you keep consistent flight logs? If so, what are you using to document your missions?
As of right now we don't really have a good solution for documenting missions. I use a form I built that resides in the Cloud and as we are Enterprise customers rely on DroneDeploy's system which is pretty comprehensive, but it is not the most intuitive. The main trouble I have with them is that I am less and less likely to fly a DJI product thus not using DroneDeploy's flight app. We are resolving this, but in the meantime I would like to research something for our Yuneec H520's.

Thanks!

Yes we maintain SOP's across the board.

Yes we maintain and inspect flight logs. We plan training and operator restrictions around Flight Logs.
That's great! I suspected you would... ;) Would you mind sharing your solution/workflow for flight logs? Inspections are easy, but if you have them integrated even better!

That's great! I suspected you would... ;) Would you mind sharing your solution/workflow for flight logs? Inspections are easy, but if you have them integrated even better!

We use both paper and electronic flight logs. Electronic is AirData (we like the reports we get from there) and then the "basic" information is then added to each pilot's logbook. The ES Director keeps a "rough log" on his phone so he knows if someone is current with our rules or not (# of hours etc) at a glance for dispatch purposed.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
We use both paper and electronic flight logs. Electronic is AirData (we like the reports we get from there) and then the "basic" information is then added to each pilot's logbook. The ES Director keeps a "rough log" on his phone so he knows if someone is current with our rules or not (# of hours etc) at a glance for dispatch purposed.
Nice, thanks for sharing! I get these questions allot and would like to have better answers for newcomers...

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905