Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Starting my own!

ancaerial

Reaction score
Hello all! Woody here and I am embarking on a small drone business, initially working on real estate and whatever else I can find here in North Florida! I am here for advice, guidance, lessons learned, and any other great info I can get on the Phantom 4 Pro V2! I have been flying/operating in the Navy for 22 years both fixed wing ISR and on the newest drone, the MQ-4C Triton, so I have some sensor experience. I am retiring in 2021 and have a full time job lined up, but I want to get in now before BVLOS becomes mainstream! I believe my experience in flight planning will be beneficial to me as this type of flying is finally approved by the FAA. I look forward to meeting/working/learning with all of you in the future. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great community!

Woody

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Hello all! Woody here and I am embarking on a small drone business, initially working on real estate and whatever else I can find here in North Florida! I am here for advice, guidance, lessons learned, and any other great info I can get on the Phantom 4 Pro V2! I have been flying/operating in the Navy for 22 years both fixed wing ISR and on the newest drone, the MQ-4C Triton, so I have some sensor experience. I am retiring in 2021 and have a full time job lined up, but I want to get in now before BVLOS becomes mainstream! I believe my experience in flight planning will be beneficial to me as this type of flying is finally approved by the FAA. I look forward to meeting/working/learning with all of you in the future. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great community!

Woody
Welcome to the Forum!
With the MQ-4C and ISR background, I'd think you'd be a hot commodity with military associated firms or civilian companies to utilize that experience & knowledge.

Stepping down or over to sUAV will be a change. Curious as to the P4Pv2 selection? Mechanical shutter, established stable platform, etc?

Regarding BVLOS, I don't foresee any current sUAV in Consumer or Prosumer class receive BVLOS authorization, from my understanding that's more driven and focused with Big Business and money (UPS, Amazon, Etc).

Enjoy the forum and best of luck in your new sUAV adventures.

Welcome to the Forum!
With the MQ-4C and ISR background, I'd think you'd be a hot commodity with military associated firms or civilian companies to utilize that experience & knowledge.

Stepping down or over to sUAV will be a change. Curious as to the P4Pv2 selection? Mechanical shutter, established stable platform, etc?

Regarding BVLOS, I don't foresee any current sUAV in Consumer or Prosumer class receive BVLOS authorization, from my understanding that's more driven and focused with Big Business and money (UPS, Amazon, Etc).

Enjoy the forum and best of luck in your new sUAV adventures.
Essentially I don’t really want to deploy anymore, so for now at least I’ll stay away from military contracts.
I picked the pro v2 for reviews, mechanical shutter, and company rep for quality products. BVLOS is coming, it will just take the right amount of experience and aircraft. I want in early! There are a few companies working sUAS that can already fly BVLOS, I want to integrate them into my fleet eventually.
I look forward to more discussion on this! We will be the change we want for our industry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905