Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Tb55s not charging on matrice

Should I ask for refund for my drone as the tb55 batteries stopped working and cashed matrice m200

• Refund

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Repair

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

K J Millar

Reaction score
Should I ask for refund for my drone or repairs tb55 batteries stopped working and cashed matrice m200

I have sent a video to dji showing them how they would not charge and just shows a red light. Plus my drone dropped 6 feet hitting the ground breaking the landing gear and a antenna. Very lucky because I was over a lake beforehand. But only have been offered a repair of the drone and not a replacement

I have sent a video to dji showing them how they would not charge and just shows a red light. Plus my drone dropped 6 feet hitting the ground breaking the landing gear and a antenna. Very lucky because I was over a lake beforehand. But only have been offered a repair of the drone and not a replacement

What battery % and / or voltage were you landing at?

The DJI batteries self brick if the voltage ever gets too low. Could be a defect, but could also be flying them to 0% and one of the cells got too low, or if you were flying when it is really cold out like subzero.

How do you mean self brick?. I was as about 6-8% battery when I started losing power then the % dropped faster to 0% and landed hard. I was only hovering 4-5 feet of the ground. I have been told to full discharge the batteries every so often. So have been getting mixed information for this. Should I fully discharge them some times or not?. Are they not deep cycle batteries and should I get are replaced drone or repair

How do you mean self brick?. I was as about 6-8% battery when I started losing power then the % dropped faster to 0% and landed hard. I was only hovering 4-5 feet of the ground. I have been told to full discharge the batteries every so often. So have been getting mixed information for this. Should I fully discharge them some times or not?. Are they not deep cycle batteries and should I get are replaced drone or repair

Self bricking meaning if the voltage in any of the cells gets too low (not sure what it is but probably around 3.6 or 3.5volts per cell) the battery will prevent itself from being recharged as a safety precaution.

Yes discharging your DJI smart batteries every 20 uses or so is a good idea or they "lose" capacity over time. I say "lose" because there is a totalizing circuit in the batteries that keeps track of capacity and after many uses it starts to "forget" its actual capacity and throttles you down with less capacity. It is a little more complicated then that but that is the gist of it.

If you are trying to cycle your batteries best practice is to fly them down to like 10-15%, then just leave it on the ground turned on and let it slow drain down to 1%.

Or get the nifty charging case for the TB55 batteries that I believe has a deep cycle function built in.

As for your situation and what to do, I don't know all the details but based on what you said about flying the batteries to such a low % my guess is DJI won't comp you.

It may be worth a shot but you may have to send your unit in and then from what I understand will check your flight logs and base their decision on what they see occurred.

Sorry man, good luck though.

Please connect with your Enterprise Dealer and advise them of the situation. Your dealer will advise on the process and work with you to send that into DJI to have them analyze flight logs for potential replacement if the issue is deemed to be covered under warranty. Sorry to hear about the situation and we hope it is resolved properly.

Ok this is where I am getting confused. You can't drain the batteries to 0% because they stop working. On the other hand I am supposed to drain the batteries to deep cycle them as a good practice for battery maintenance. They cost 1400$ should this not be explained a little bit more than this because it is not making any sense to me.

Ok this is where I am getting confused. You can't drain the batteries to 0% because they stop working. On the other hand I am supposed to drain the batteries to deep cycle them as a good practice for battery maintenance. They cost 1400$ should this not be explained a little bit more than this because it is not making any sense to me.

You are totally right it is confusing, my bad.

What I think I could have said better was that for the whole deep cycling thing, don't just go by battery %, also monitor your battery cell voltages.

As far as why your crash happened there are a lot of variables at play and unknowns. But flying by voltage is always a good idea. There are times when battery % can fail you, such as in very cold weather.

But Advexure has the best advice, hopefully you are in touch with whomever you purchased it from and your having it checked out. Ignore my earlier comment about not getting helped, I don't have all the facts. People do get helped by DJI all the time, they can be frustrating to deal with but if you follow their directions and are chill and persistent you can usually get through to someone to help you. But an awesome DJI dealer helps you with that too, I hope your rig and batteries get helped out.

I have been told different things about how to use these batteries from what I been told on here and what the agent said and also what I have read all very a little bit on %. One saying that you should never deep cycle batteries to 0% only 8-10% and land at 30% this will make it last longer and not have cell damage. Plus heavy loading stresses the cells. It's like a motor you have to know how to look after them. They last if you treat them right. If dji do replace the batteries will be because It was not pilot error from the crash analysis from the flight log will let you know what they do I don't have my hopes up for repair but hopefully I get new batteries.

Yes discharging your DJI smart batteries every 20 uses or so is a good idea or they "lose" capacity over time. I say "lose" because there is a totalizing circuit in the batteries that keeps track of capacity and after many uses it starts to "forget" its actual capacity and throttles you down with less capacity. It is a little more complicated then that but that is the gist of it.

Where is this documented?

Here's what DJI has to say about battery care.

Where is this documented?

Here's what DJI has to say about battery care.
They are looking at the flight records at the moment. Is there any difference between flight records and flight data other than one is recorded into the drone and the other is recorded into the sd card in a different format?because they demanded the flight records and flight data wasn't what they wanted

My agent said that its about 20 cycles dji go4 will tell you that you should do a deep cycle down to 8-10%. You can read how to do this in the owners manual and how to set the automatic discharge to how ever many days. They recommended 3.

Here the revenant information found in the Matrice 200 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines under Battery Use and Battery Maintenance.
  1. Battery life may be reduced if not used for an extended period of time.
  2. Fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every three months to maintain better health.
But I don't see anything about what the discharge level should be.

I have been reading that you have to make sure that each battery cell mush not fall below 3.5 volts or batteries will not work well If this happens. Dji doesn't explain this at all in the mannel
I have learned this from racing pilots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B0054890