Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The WorkFlow Process

Nice! Do both of you carry liability insurance. Usually my client has insurance, but sometimes I do some smaller jobs where they don't. I don't do too much drone work so thinking of hourly insurance.

Nice! Do both of you carry liability insurance. Usually my client has insurance, but sometimes I do some smaller jobs where they don't. I don't do too much drone work so thinking of hourly insurance.

You absolutely want to carry Drone Specific Liability Insurance. It's the Cost Of Doing Business and you can build that price into your normal rate so it doesn't hurt the wallet as much. You also need to research the Hourly insurance because a few of the jobs I've done they specifically stated that was not acceptable coverage.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Most of the work that I do is for lower budget TV commercials and documentaries. I'm shooting that work with a regular camera and then also getting overheads or establishing shots with the drone, so there's not a lot of drone work. These clients tend not to have drone liability, so I'm trying to protect myself, as simply and inexpensively as possible. The yearly drone liability that I've looked into is $5-600/yr for 1 mi. Seems inexpensive vs being sued for everything I own, but hourly makes more sense to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164