Join our growing community today!

Thermal drone helps find missing 6 year old boy

rcdancer

Approved Vendor
DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronesar.info
Video is the boy being found on the ground, no drone shots at all....
Yes, video was disappointing. Didn't include anything drone related; only someone's cell phone view at the time of the finding. But at least there was some credit given to drones and SAR work in the title.

Good point. There may be sensitive information there not cleared for public viewing, or needed for court, etc...
Not a criminal case from what I can tell. I definitely see not showing any clear shots of the kid's face w/o parents' approval, otherwise I fail to see any other permission required...am I wrong?

You're probably right. Guess there isn't enough info from that video to know for sure. My thought is there could be some evidence on the drone video we're not told about. For all we know, it could have a been an attempted kidnapping and the drone caught some sensitive information. (shrug)

Good point. There may be sensitive information there not cleared for public viewing, or needed for court, etc...
Or it could be the policy of the agency the drone pilot was flying for. I know that it's against squad policy to share anything related to any calls we're bumped out on. That includes video, stills and all information. If we're asked, we refer everyone to the PIO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku