Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

UK PFCO Discussion and Help

hello all, i'm about to renew my PFCO and wondered if there have been any changes to the Ops Manual layout etc that i need to make for this year? Had to change the format around a bit last year but i can't see anything out there to suggest anything different for this one. Any renewed this year?

Thanks.
I am not aware of any per se but I would th8 ‘ it is an ideal opportunity to make sure your manual is up to date. I would believe that they might not accept that nothing has changed in twelve months that would help you improve safety, or work better for example. I guess you have also got your record of flights and data ready shoulad they need to inspect it for whatever spurious reason?

hello all, i'm about to renew my PFCO and wondered if there have been any changes to the Ops Manual layout etc that i need to make for this year? Had to change the format around a bit last year but i can't see anything out there to suggest anything different for this one. Any renewed this year?

Thanks.
Hi mate - renewed in December, nothing layout wise.Just make sure you’ve updated the relevant orders etc & you’ll be good to go.

I did mine with Resource Group in Wales, while the ground school was very thorough they weren't able to offer the flight test for over 3 months! ( I eventually did the flight test via the BMFA)

I used Resource Group in Wales too.

I did the ground school on-line because of my workload at the time, it worked fairly well for me that way, but you do miss out on the informal discussions you get with a group. Telephone and email help was very good. My only mild grumble was that the structure of the Module tests didn,t really line up with the handbook in a coherent way. I think that they were in the process of tidying that up.

I'm curious about theory exams being offered..... At the time I did mine, other NQEs were offering "open" exams, but RG insisted on a fixed time (90 min) closed test with a mixture of question types, which was a bit harrowing. I'm pleased that I did it that way, in retrospect.
For anyone else thinking of doing the theory part on line, the comment I received was that a lot of people struggle with their chart work.

They were really helpful with the flight test. It took a couple of weeks to get into the system and after that re-arrangements due to weather done without delay (2 cancellations accommodated in 2 & 3 days). The examiner was excellent - she had just the right approach - helpful, but still the examiner!

Plenty of support with Ops Manual which took a couple of weeks to polish up. Tedious but important.

All in all a very good experience, with a good result which I definitely had to work for! If you're looking for a "soft touch" PfCO, don't go to Resource Group though.

I did my training with Consortiq (UAV-Air) and honestly couldn't be happier with any part of the course. From the excellent pre-course online training to the classroom teaching and the flight testing... To me the most important part was the pre-course material where you get all the information you need, loads of online tests etc. so your well aware of all the requirements and what to expect when your sitting in the classroom!

I'd highly recommend Consortiq to anyone that's thinking about doing the training but not taken the plunge yet.

Couldn't agree more, excellent course with great course material. Would throughly recommend them.

I did mine last week at Shrewsbury with Flyby Technology. They were very diligent with excellent instructors, all ex RN or RAF.

Hi all,

Just wondering what I should add to the Ops Manual for the P4 Pro & Inspire to reflect the amendment to the ANO at the end of May.

Does it need to replace the current ANO2016, or would it be an amendment to it underneath?

Cheers,
Martin.

Hi all,

Just wondering what I should add to the Ops Manual for the P4 Pro & Inspire to reflect the amendment to the ANO at the end of May.

Does it need to replace the current ANO2016, or would it be an amendment to it underneath?

Cheers,
Martin.
Since the majority of changes do not come into force until 2019 I wouldn't bother changing anything. They are not law or a requirement at this stage.
The 400ft stipulation was always there and will no doubt be already reflected in your ops manual anyway.
The 1km airport stipulation would come into my normal operating procedures in any case and would necessitate me having permissions from ATC.

I personally am not altering my OM until next year when these changes may (or may not) come into force.
I say may not because, knowing how governmental departments operate, some of these may well change - the 1km restriction for one.

I used RUAS in Wales (used to be called Resource Group). I found them very good and, although I had to wait for my flight test, that was due to bad weather rather than RUAS! Good support for the ops manual as well as post-course support and advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905