Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

UK PFCO

Paullo

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone who has recently renewed their PFCO suggest changes needed to the ops manual to take the 2018 ANO amendments into account?

Thanks, Paul

PIC needs to be removed and replaced with SUAS Operator

You need to reflect the changes with the updates to the ANO and airports and new zones, basically take a copy from the mid year update.

Also don’t forget to remove any restrictions of sub 7k, add in any night procedures if you need them.

Thanks, that's great. I've now done all that except changing refs to 7kg.

Make sure that you mention 400’ is above surface level. Mine was returned because I used AGL, also are you a sole owner and operator. If you are then you will not only be the pilot but the operator too. Both require separate mentions and updates.

Good points, thanks. I hadn't considered the 400' above surface level issue

Also don’t forget to remove any restrictions of sub 7k, add in any night procedures if you need them.

Regarding night operations, does anyone know whether additional lighting on your SUA is a requirement? If so, that's fine, we'll write it into our operations manual, but we'd prefer not to have to commit to it unless it's a requirement.

We're using an operations manual template issued from our training provider before the option for night operations became available, hence the uncertainty :)

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV