Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

urgent - video - what do you deliver to realtors and how do they use it?

Photogad

Reaction score
I've been mostly doing stills for realtors but finally got a bite from a realtor who wants to pay for video, she's really insistent that she needs it. The problem is, it would be my first time doing video for a Realtor (I've done them before for things like farms and wineries), and this Realtor doesn't know how to use the video or where she can use it (like which websites). Not being a Realtor, i don't know either, but she's looking to me for answers.

From what i gather on Google (and the information is very sparse) most drone videographers supply realtors an "unbranded" video for MLS, and a "branded" (with property info) for social media. Is this true that MLS can't be branded? This Realtor is really hoping it can, but Google is telling me otherwise.

Also, I see one other drone videographer in my area hosts the video on their own YouTube and vimeo channels for the realtor, is this standard? Or do you just dropbox them the video files? Also Google says MLS sites will not accept YouTube or Vimeo so not sure the point of this.

Thanks

First of all you're addressing this from the wrong end of the horse. You need to start on the MLS end and get the final word from there. MLS's are ran "locally" and rules/requirements vary accordingly.Anything you get from here is guestimation at best and you really need/want to know for sure.

The (2) that I have worked with over the last few years have almost identical requirements with a few subtle variations. I'll give you a short overview of what these "require/allow":

A) Branding: MLS content can NOT be branded in any way. This includes things like Realtor Signs etc. I recently ran into an issue (I've been doing it the same way for a long time now. . .) where one of the MLS denied a video I did for a Realtor (even though it was UNbranded) because it had a Youtube logo on it when you viewed the thumbnail. I started just storing them on Dropbox and sending a DB link to the MLS.

B) Commenting: No comments etc allowed. Low and behold about 6 months later I get a new denial (from the exact same person who has been accepting them) because in the DB link there is a "Comment Section" where someone could, in theory, leave contact information etc where-by negating the UNbranded process. I now have to make sure each and every video has comments OFF.

We do provide a BRANDED and UNBranded version for each video.

First of all you're addressing this from the wrong end of the horse. You need to start on the MLS end and get the final word from there. MLS's are ran "locally" and rules/requirements vary accordingly.Anything you get from here is guestimation at best and you really need/want to know for sure.

The (2) that I have worked with over the last few years have almost identical requirements with a few subtle variations. I'll give you a short overview of what these "require/allow":

A) Branding: MLS content can NOT be branded in any way. This includes things like Realtor Signs etc. I recently ran into an issue (I've been doing it the same way for a long time now. . .) where one of the MLS denied a video I did for a Realtor (even though it was UNbranded) because it had a Youtube logo on it when you viewed the thumbnail. I started just storing them on Dropbox and sending a DB link to the MLS.

B) Commenting: No comments etc allowed. Low and behold about 6 months later I get a new denial (from the exact same person who has been accepting them) because in the DB link there is a "Comment Section" where someone could, in theory, leave contact information etc where-by negating the UNbranded process. I now have to make sure each and every video has comments OFF.

We do provide a BRANDED and UNBranded version for each video.
thanks for your help. Do you find that these mls have any video length limit?

thanks for your help. Do you find that these mls have any video length limit?

I've never had any question about length limits. We keep our Real Estate videos in the approx 1 min mark unless there is a LOT of information that needs to be expressed and then we'll extend up to 2 min MAX. Honestly if you can't get the person's "interest piqued" in under 2 min it's not going to happen. Most people start thinking about something else after 1 min.

Fwiw I don't do mls and my main client wants 3-5 minutes, no fancy 'sizzle', just a plain record of the site - one fly around the property and a 360 of the building(s). And music. And if you look at the Facebook stats (and he only wants it on Facebook despite me setting up a youtube channel for him) you will see that viewers switch the music off after an average of about 9 seconds.
Which is to say everyone is different, and some are none too bright. But you give them what they want cos maybe they're right and you're the dim one!
I would sit down and walk her through options until you have a much better idea of what she uses to advertise property, and what sort of videos she likes. Show her some examples of other's work to get an idea. Maybe she wants short and sweet; maybe long with music. At the end of the day you do videos; she should know what wants and how she intends to use it.

You need to use a platform to post your branded and unbranded tours, otherwise, MLS will not allow you to post tours. I have found there are 3 main platforms: ( there are much more)
1. realtourvision
2.Veewme
3.Tourbuzz

I am happy with veewme. It is modern, it has good customer service, and you can see the tour in any device.

Reactions: BigAl07
You need to use a platform to post your branded and unbranded tours, otherwise, MLS will not allow you to post tours. I have found there are 3 main platforms: ( there are much more)
1. realtourvision
2.Veewme
3.Tourbuzz

I am happy with veewme. It is modern, it has good customer service, and you can see the tour in any device.

I'll have to check out veewme. I'm always looking for a better alternative to my current process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV