Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

US FAA 107, Regulations, Manufacturer Remote ID Compliance

Photodude

Reaction score
Sept 16, 2022 is the date set by the FAA for manufacturers to comply with Remote ID. Anyone know if Autel has made any moves in this direction?

Sept 16, 2022 is the date set by the FAA for manufacturers to comply with Remote ID. Anyone know if Autel has made any moves in this direction?
This is NOT a manufacturer's decision. It is the FAA. Therefore, regardless of the manufacturer, they will need to be in compliance.

This is a good Thread on Remote ID, take a look.

This is NOT a manufacturer's decision. It is the FAA. Therefore, regardless of the manufacturer, they will need to be in compliance.

This is a good Thread on Remote ID, take a look.
Yes you are correct, it was an FAA decision. However, that was not the thrust of my question. As a pilot, what Autel is doing now to be compliant with remote ID, will directly affect anyone flying an Autel drone, (my company included) a year from now. So does anyone know where they stand?

Yes you are correct, it was an FAA decision. However, that was not the thrust of my question. As a pilot, what Autel is doing now to be compliant with remote ID, will directly affect anyone flying an Autel drone, (my company included) a year from now. So does anyone know where they stand?
At present, Autel EVO drone does not have a drone with remote ID. In the future, the Autel remote ID technology may be updated with the firmware upgrade technology of consumer drones, but you can fly your drone without a remote ID until September 2023.

Many speculate an add-on module, but that has not been made official.

Reactions: Photodude
Latest list found for current RID compliant drones, FAA website. While these drones do not currently have remote ID they meet FAA the DOC requirements Set for Manufacturers. Link below.

The new manufacturer compliance date is 12/16/22. The FAA pushed it back by implementing "deferred enforcement". Basically, as long as manufactures show work towards compliance, they don't have to comply yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905