Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

VFR Chart Overlay For Google Earth

Florida Drone Supply

Reaction score
Here is a link to download a VFR chart overlay for Google Earth. Once opened it will display VFR charts over the US map in Google Earth. This is a bundle that has many other charts in it, be sure to select only the VFR charts otherwise you will be loading a lot of data on your Google Earth program. I am pretty sure these files are not up to date and not usable for flight but nice for initial planning for uav flights. Just another tool in the belt and the price is right.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for this KML/KMZ(Google Earth).

Your source for Aviation Digital Raster Charts.

Jim

To add on to this, here is a link for 3D airspace polygons for Google Earth: Google Earth 3D Airspace
This includes additional countries, too. For the US, you'll get Class B, C, D, and some special areas, but not E (including Surface Class E), so be sure to double check the VFR charts, like @Florida Drone Supply has linked. The 3D charts can be helpful for navigating tricky areas where there are lots of shelves and to visualize the "wedding cake" around larger airports.

To add on to this, here is a link for 3D airspace polygons for Google Earth: Google Earth 3D Airspace
This includes additional countries, too. For the US, you'll get Class B, C, D, and some special areas, but not E (including Surface Class E), so be sure to double check the VFR charts, like @Florida Drone Supply has linked. The 3D charts can be helpful for navigating tricky areas where there are lots of shelves and to visualize the "wedding cake" around larger airports.

Thanks for the additional link!

Here is a link to download a VFR chart overlay for Google Earth. Once opened it will display VFR charts over the US map in Google Earth. This is a bundle that has many other charts in it, be sure to select only the VFR charts otherwise you will be loading a lot of data on your Google Earth program. I am pretty sure these files are not up to date and not usable for flight but nice for initial planning for uav flights. Just another tool in the belt and the price is right.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for this KML/KMZ(Google Earth).

Your source for Aviation Digital Raster Charts.

Jim
Hi Jim,
Q: In google earth pro on mac, when I zoom in the sectionals seem to sink below the satellite map that is displayed in GEP. So some of the sec chart here and there are missing from view. Dropbox Capture but if i zoom out all is well. The effect is different on diff macs... Some worse than others... yes, diff OS's.... Just if you've heard of a fix would be great!
thank you for posting this as its been very helpful!
bradp

Hi Jim,
Q: In google earth pro on mac, when I zoom in the sectionals seem to sink below the satellite map that is displayed in GEP. So some of the sec chart here and there are missing from view. Dropbox Capture but if i zoom out all is well. The effect is different on diff macs... Some worse than others... yes, diff OS's.... Just if you've heard of a fix would be great!
thank you for posting this as its been very helpful!
bradp
Greetings Brad, welcome to the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM