Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Waiver database ? How does one find a pilot in staten island ny or nearby that may have a waiver above the LAANC 100ft ?

md333

Reaction score
Waiver database ? How does one find a pilot in staten island ny or nearby that may have a waiver above the LAANC 100ft in class b airpspace ? other than contacting say, dronebase.com ? job is in a few days. no time to obtain a waiver for 200 to 400 feet.

(sorry, good morning, and thanks for all the great posts and contributors !)""

Seems you have a bigger problem that just the 100ft limitation. The city has banned all drone flights within the 5 boroughs, with the exception of a few small parks. You can thank the useless NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio for that one. Doesn't matter if you have a Part 107.

Drones · NYC311

(greatly ) appreciate that reply ! I did try a LAANC submission for Staten Island, class B, max 100ft and was approved. I had to wait until today, as there was a a TFR for VIP last 3 days. It is a factory commercial area. much more suburb than city

There is no way to check LAANC or 107.41 Authorizations as a civilian. The only thing you can check is waivers. You can do that here: Part 107 Waivers Issued

And even then, not all waivers are published. Some have security issues, and some are for proprietary flights. But I doubt someone flying commercial in Staten Island would fall under either of those two categories.

Waiver database ? How does one find a pilot in staten island ny or nearby that may have a waiver above the LAANC 100ft in class b airpspace ? other than contacting say, dronebase.com ? job is in a few days. no time to obtain a waiver for 200 to 400 feet.
LOL DoroneBase pulled a similar stunt on me just last week. The sent me on a job telling me it was LANNC no worries. Problem was it was 50ft inside a 0ft zone.
What's more they had 350ft ordinals in the shot list. I talked to FAA and they said that was a no but they would give me 100ft.
Since it was a small regional airport they don't look at LANNC requests - it seems 0ft auths have get run by ATC- on the weekend.
Another odd thing was that after saying you can never use a DSLR they required one for this job which no issue since I have one.
So I did the ground shot and submitted those.

I couldn't get the auth to like wednesday so they just said forget the aerials and and paid me for the ground shots.

I couldn't get the auth to like wednesday so they just said forget the aerials and and paid me for the ground shots.
Just out of curiosity did they pay the original quote or reduce the payment because of no aerials ?

Just out of curiosity did they pay the original quote or reduce the payment because of no aerials ?
They paid the full amount.
Not that the full amount was any great sum.
I would’ve done it if they could’ve waited like one more day.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905