Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Why are my photos bad?

Guys, thanks for all the info! I look at by me posting my efforts and errors not only am I learning but helping others as I learn.
With that being said, I have been shooting in raw and jpeg. For whatever reason, I had issue getting the raw's top my computer late last week. So, I last Friday, I functioned on strictly raw format. I was able to spread the histogram apart, based on some critique here. The photos seemed to appear better on my app but as were all know that really is not a true indicator of quality. Hopefully tomorrow I will get those attached to this thread for all to critque. Thanks a million for the open dialogue and info.

Welp all! I tried to post the dng direct from the drone with zero luck. Don't know what the issue is and if it is me or the forum. But just the little I messed with the RAW format, I could see a difference in the raw edited version vs. the the original vs. the jpeg. Will keep working at it and at least feel better on my results now.

Im sorry but I tried that too! Here is a file or 2 edited from the raw and a screenshot of the dng LRM_EXPORT_209773021820924_20181112_083534441.jpegScreenshot_20181112-090314_Gallery.jpeg

There is just no excuse to shoot in JPG unless the client specifically asks for it (some do).

Always shoot in RAW/DNG and try to underexpose a bit or shoot AEB and combine. It's best to underexpose and pull out details than to over expose and blow them out. Honestly if your shooting photos on your drone then you really don't need a ND filter unless it's really contrasty.

As for subject and composition this will come in time. To be honest it takes a lot of practice. You have to frame your photos and subjects to make them look good. Some have a natural eye for this some don't. But you can nail it with practice.

Youtube is a wealth of information on the "Rule of 3" Exposure triangle" ect. Best advice is to get out and shoot photos, both from the Drone and from the ground with a DSLR and then practice editing them. This way you develop your "eye".

Good luck

13897 Bella Riva Lane - Zip Aerial

Reactions: 401 Feet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905