Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Yo from Seattle, Washington

Rustyross

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just joined the forum and I'm excited to exchange knowledge. Looking into preparing for the FAA 107 Test. I ordered a cheap quadcopter with a 720p camera off Amazon. I've only flown a drone a handfull of times so I wanted to practice before I get a phantom or DJI.

I found a local flight school has a three-day coarse for ~200$ to train for the test. Also Green River offers an UAV Associates degree. I want to get into flying professionally and I don't know where to start.

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/account-details

As far as where to start that depends on just how FAR you want to go. If you really want to go all in and make it a profession I'd definitely give heavy consideration to the Assoc Degree in UAV. That will put you head and shoulders (and elbows and knees lol) ahead of the competition in man Many MANY ways.

You'll want to get aviation training, sUAS training, and BUSINESS training because it takes a lot of different hats/skills to actually run a successful business. There is a lot to be said for "working for someone else" when compared to running your own business. I'm ALL for starting and running your own business but there is a lot to it.

Good luck and SAFE flights :)
Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: Hummingbird
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

As far as where to start that depends on just how FAR you want to go. If you really want to go all in and make it a profession I'd definitely give heavy consideration to the Assoc Degree in UAV. That will put you head and shoulders (and elbows and knees lol) ahead of the competition in man Many MANY ways.

You'll want to get aviation training, sUAS training, and BUSINESS training because it takes a lot of different hats/skills to actually run a successful business. There is a lot to be said for "working for someone else" when compared to running your own business. I'm ALL for starting and running your own business but there is a lot to it.

Good luck and SAFE flights :)
Allen

Thanks for the greetings! I'm checking out the 107 course that Gold Seal has to offer now. Read another post in the general discussion and it seemed to be the best class to prepare for the test. I'll start with the FAA cert and skirt the forum with any questions. I get my quadcopter Thursday and I'll see how my pilot fingers are. I'm pretty excited to crack this can open!

Reactions: Hummingbird
Thanks for the greetings! I'm checking out the 107 course that Gold Seal has to offer now. Read another post in the general discussion and it seemed to be the best class to prepare for the test. I'll start with the FAA cert and skirt the forum with any questions. I get my quadcopter Thursday and I'll see how my pilot fingers are. I'm pretty excited to crack this can open!

Gold Seal is, IMHO, the Gold Standard for sUAS/UAV online training. I not only suggest them to other operations in the sUAS industry but I also use them extensively myself. They've set the bar pretty high in our industry.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy the forum!

Welcome Rusty and hope you find what helps you best. I just used the internet and passed with 88%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV