Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Skyfall-0D2

Reaction score
Good morning UK Pilots,

I have decided to go for my PfCO, but to hold off until I could do the GVC.

I had a comany in mind I was 100% settled on going with, but today I see an offer from another company (let’s call them company ‘B’) offering;
PfCO, GVC AND A2 CofC (+ a wee extra free).

If anyone has the time to answer a couple of short questions, I would be grateful:

1/. Should I just do the PfCO course with company A now and if I do, will it cost me to then convert to the GVC & A2 CofC next year? or Go with company B and if I understand correctly, not have these costs?

2/, Company A offers OFQUAL Level 4 certification, but has anyone ever been asked for this or had a positive/negative experience as a result of having/not having this?

3/. If you are a qualified UAV Pilot, would you mind sharing who you train with and why would you recommend them?

As always I appreciate your time and thank yee in advance

Good morning UK Pilots,

I have decided to go for my PfCO, but to hold off until I could do the GVC.

I had a comany in mind I was 100% settled on going with, but today I see an offer from another company (let’s call them company ‘B’) offering;
PfCO, GVC AND A2 CofC (+ a wee extra free).

If anyone has the time to answer a couple of short questions, I would be grateful:

1/. Should I just do the PfCO course with company A now and if I do, will it cost me to then convert to the GVC & A2 CofC next year? or Go with company B and if I understand correctly, not have these costs?

2/, Company A offers OFQUAL Level 4 certification, but has anyone ever been asked for this or had a positive/negative experience as a result of having/not having this?

3/. If you are a qualified UAV Pilot, would you mind sharing who you train with and why would you recommend them?

As always I appreciate your time and thank yee in advance
Just seen your questions.
I did my pfco, test flights,ofqual4 pilot. In 2019... if you dont intend to run a registered business and fly commercialy you dont need a pfco or gvc. The ofqual certificate is equal to pfco which is slightly below gvc. But is unferstood buy the normal exam boards like a ,degree,hnd,A level. And can be used to show you have been trained and passed to a level of pfco.
GVC, Ofqlevel4 , Pfco Are pro commercial level training. Allowing you to fly anywere with permissions ,full planning, osc, etc etc etc.

A2cOfc is for non commercial flyers or recreational flyers . a lot less training is done .but it gives you some rights to fly upto 50 meters of buildings n people. Like parks open areas. Not from your garden if your neighbour is within 50 meters.
You might not want to work one year as a commercial pilot. But fly recreational only. Ofqual 4, will still show you are fully trained and can be still used , as will a A2cofc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donut