Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

18 Hours in a 172

Fred Garvin

Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
He was alone, so not shoulder to shoulder cramped....when I was in college back in the mid 80's I had a VW Beetle. Every spring my fraternity brothers would drive down to South Padre for Spring Break. So, 12 hours in a Beetle, me and my girlfriend. Granted, we could stop for gas, bathroom and leg stretch...but, I can imagine his ordeal....

Reactions: Gagey52
Nope......
Someone asked me to ferry a C210 from the US to Australia once....[Edited by ADMIN]! Pull off the wings and they fit nicely in a 40ft container.
If you want to read about one of the luckiest [Edited by ADMIN] on earth:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope......
Someone asked me to ferry a C210 from the US to Australia once....[Edited by ADMIN]! Pull off the wings and they fit nicely in a 40ft container.
If you want to read about one of the luckiest [Edited by ADMIN] on earth:
I vaguely remember that story. A ballsy trip in lighty.
Regards

I gather it's quite common for Air Tractors and the like to be ferried over with a hopper full of JetA1. I would be far more comfortable with a PT-6 out front than a Lyc., but that is a long way without Otto. The best I have done is 6.5hrs YPDN-YPTH in a Metro hand flown.

I gather it's quite common for Air Tractors and the like to be ferried over with a hopper full of JetA1. I would be far more comfortable with a PT-6 out front than a Lyc., but that is a long way without Otto. The best I have done is 6.5hrs YPDN-YPTH in a Metro hand flown.
Didn't realize you were in Oz. I would often have to pax in metro from Dwn to Groote. Not much chop when your 6'2". :(

Didn't realize you were in Oz. I would often have to pax in metro from Dwn to Groote. Not much chop when your 6'2". :(
Seat 1A only! 17yrs with ANO. 1600hrs in the San Antonio Sewerpipe, prob crossed paths. Grew tired of airline BS, the industry is diseased! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM