Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

PleasentRex

Reaction score
Before I get into this post, I need to preface this with this thread is meant to be an open conversation about drone programing and software. All actions in my story are hypothetical.

My friend got me interested in drone through FPV style videos he showed me. I fell down the rabbit hole of the drone world (I blame this one too much time on hand). My background in in software engineering and I was always been a fan of trying to break things. (It was basically my job) So naturally my new love for drones quickly took this turn, and I hypothetically started to find ways to corrupt drone's software. So far, hypothetically, I may have torn through DJI's drones and software.

I may have started with the drone safety features like the 400ft cap and restricted flight zones. Again, this is not a thread on morals or safety. You should always fly your drone within the guidelines of the FAA and I do not condone improper use of a drone in all ways.

My thought is if you can break it there is a way to build it better. I have taken a very technical approach to the matter and I am curious if anyone else has explored this? Have I reinvented the wheel so to speak, is there a simpler way to "trick the drone"? In this case I am speaking about DJI's software and drones. I don't care that you have a custom build that flies anywhere.

Thanks for any conversation this brings!

Welcome to the forum first.
Are you referring to hacking the software ?
If so do know our guidelines. 15 comes to mind here.
. 16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

Before I get into this post, I need to preface this with this thread is meant to be an open conversation about drone programing and software. All actions in my story are hypothetical.

Welcome to the forum. This is an old topic for many and with a little searching you will find plenty of discussion to read and ponder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar