Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

360º Photography and Videography

Well, we tested it today. You can see some photos and description here:

In the end, what we decided, is that the Mavic really isn't crazy about that heavy of a payload, so we're contemplating buying someone's old used Phantom just for this kind of work. But, proof of concept ... we should be able to come up with something that allows us to do flying 360º video. And FULL 360º photos from the air.
You might try mounting it on the top, with the snap-on M2E accessory tripod screw. It doesn't work well with the Mavic 2, but it might work with the Mavic. For the full 360° photos from the air, the M2P is the best choice, as it stitches in the ceiling automatically, and has the highest individual image resolution, for best quality, and then just clone in a ceiling in Photoshop or LR on the PS3 Pro stitch from the DNG's.

Beautiful! I will give that second explanation a try. While I CAN set this kind of thing in Photoshop, it does NOT like 360º images from the drone. It wants to force them to be full 360º photos, as would be taken from a 360º camera, so it keeps pinching the top together into some kind of weird conical forced sky. So at this point I can edit my raw files in Photoshop to get them to look exactly how I want, then bring them in to Panorama Studio to stitch (which I love, love, love, did I mention?) and then whatever I output from there, that's what I use. I can't bring it into Photoshop to set the initial view. But thanks to you and Tobias, maybe I won't have to worry about that. :)
Let me know how that works. I haven't tried it myself, but it was one suggested solution to getting North up correctly in the Compass and Map views.

What program / web site do you guys use to host 360 images from a drone or 360' camera?

I would like to be able to offer a walkthrough/ flythrough of an area with several 360' images where you can click icons to take you from one to another but having trouble finding a host?

Thanks

What program / web site do you guys use to host 360 images from a drone or 360' camera?

I would like to be able to offer a walkthrough/ flythrough of an area with several 360' images where you can click icons to take you from one to another but having trouble finding a host?

Thanks

I use the iPanorama plugin on Wordpress. I'm not sure it's the most graceful solution, but you can see my weblink to the left of this post. If you go there, you can see a couple of my 360º tours.

You might try mounting it on the top, with the snap-on M2E accessory tripod screw. It doesn't work well with the Mavic 2, but it might work with the Mavic. For the full 360° photos from the air, the M2P is the best choice, as it stitches in the ceiling automatically, and has the highest individual image resolution, for best quality, and then just clone in a ceiling in Photoshop or LR on the PS3 Pro stitch from the DNG's.

Mostly I'm probably going to leave it up to Jeremy on this one - that solution might work for stills, but it wouldn't give us the 360º video we're looking for, unfortunately. And that will matter someday when I have time enough to sit down and figure out how to properly process the 360º video we're getting into something watchable. :)

Thanks
Any website can host the interactive web output files, once you create them with PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. You just upload them to your website or hosting website, and provide a direct link to the starting html pano file, which then is hyperlinked to all the others. Check out the options at PanoramaStudio 3 Pro | PanoramaStudio Panorama Software

Reactions: RB30X and Geminai

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905