Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

5 quick tips using drones in wedding events

@Johnny C!
here ya go.
I was new using the drone, had no idea how to set up my camera, no clue on white balance ISO and EV.
Unfortunately uploading to youtube doesn't give the quality of the video justice, this being shot in 4k.
Notice how windy it is when I'm next to the back porch.

Last edited:
California and Hawaii starting Pro-rate are at $4k and the high end package at $10k. Anything less than is an amateur, none licensed hobbyist that advertise in Craigslist.

:rolleyes: Wedding photography reality, please? As much as I like the income of using a drone, most wedding shots of a pro-package are ground based stills and comprise at least 95% or more of the product, and videos are at least 90% ground based. If you are charging that much for just the drone footage, you are not shooting at most weddings. Even a basic $10k wedding package does not charge much more than 10% or $1K for drone coverage, and I wouldn’t ever consider charging a client more for it. My stills are my bread and butter for my jobs, and when a client wants extra drone footage, I either go 10% with a partner, or shoot it myself for just a few minutes, then go back to the DSLR.

Now if you are talking about commercial photography for movies, that would be a realistic cost of an hourly rate, especially if shooting with high-end drones and RED cameras, etc.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy