Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Accreditation for agricultural work

Update: After a lengthy conference with Turf Solutions yesterday, we signed up with them for both Turf and Agriculture. Will start marketing by the first of February to get ready for spring planting. A lot of work ahead for sure.
Hi Mike. We got your form the other day and either Steve or myself are looking forward to chatting with you. We think we might have lots to talk about....

keep us posted when you come up this way.
Have not made it up your way recently, but we are rolling out some of our golf course programs to our pilots. We just finished flying the course that the Chubb Classic (PGA Champions Tour) was played on. We flew a regular schedule for about 4 weeks prior to the tournament and then right after it ended (ended 2 days ago). We have a nice set of data for the course as they prepped it for the tournament and then the results of the stress levels immediately after it was completed.

Definitely would like to stay in contact with you and @Newton Ware about some of the local opportunities we will have in FL.

Michael

Hi Mike. We got your form the other day and either Steve or myself are looking forward to chatting with you. We think we might have lots to talk about....

That's interesting. I submitted as you had suggested. The reply came back that you were not interested. But that's been some time ago. Maybe I am missing something...?

Hi Mike - I am checking to see who you spoke to. Unless there is something I am missing we would never tell someone we were not interested in having them be available for helping to fly our contracts. I'll get back to you shortly.

One thing that we were doing was prioritizing the pilots for training based on their locations and our upcoming contracts. We initially prioritized TX, OK, NM, CA other states out west and several areas in the Midwest. Since then we have had our contract pilots inspecting towers in CA, TX, IL, IN, MI and NC. We have LOTS more coming up soon and need to get lots of pilots through training and ready to be able to fly with us.

We did have a pilot or two get into training from your area even though CO was not an area we expected to activate immediately so that is the only thing I can imagine may have given you the impression we were not interested. It may have been a poor communication about the priority in getting people to training.

In any case, I apologize for an unclear message on our end and we look forward to talking to you.

That's interesting. I submitted as you had suggested. The reply came back that you were not interested. But that's been some time ago. Maybe I am missing something...?

Hi Mike, it was a pleasure speaking with you this evening. We look forward to more conversations and working together in the future.

Jim

Last edited:
Guys, I am FAA certified sUAV pilot. I have been an Agronomic sales rep in the Atlanta area for 15 years. I have worked for LESCO, Inc; John Deere Golf; and helped establish Howard Fertlizer and Chemicals’ first operation outside of Florida in 2009. I am still working with Howard Fertilizer. I have accounts in TN and the Carolinas as well as AL.

My customers include some of the best courses in the area including East Lake Golf Club, host of the annual FedEx Cup. Also Capital City Club. Who hosted the 2003 Amex World Championship of Golf, the 2015 NCAA Championshipand the 2017 Mid Am Championship. Just to name a couple.

I am looking for opportunities to either establish my own business or to enhance my sales efforts in my current position.

I don’t mind doing cosmetic shots, but I am more interested in true Agronomic applications for evaluating turf health, etc.

I currently have several Phantoms including a P4P and P4.

I am looking for details on what equipment will be required. Aircraft as well as sensors.

And exactly what services I could offer my golf clients. And I’m very interested in services I could offer cotton, soybean and corn farmers as well as livestock producers.

I have reached out to several companies requesting info, and I am hoping to get details in the near future, if you can help with that.

Best Regards to all in the forums here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV