Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Adding Text or Notations to Drone Deploy Map

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have a Client that wants to note several places on the map where temporary traffic flow and parking will be throughout the Project as it will change multiple times. What is the easiest way to add a reference point and or text on or over the map that will be shared out. Using DroneDeploy. If you use the Marker feature they have, the shared map automatically allows for anyone to add anonymous comments to the shared map. Can't have that. I also don't like that you can hide the menu bar.

I use DD all the time, and as you say, anyone with access can put their two cents on it. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it.

I have a Client that wants to note several places on the map where temporary traffic flow and parking will be throughout the Project as it will change multiple times. What is the easiest way to add a reference point and or text on or over the map that will be shared out. Using DroneDeploy. If you use the Marker feature they have, the shared map automatically allows for anyone to add anonymous comments to the shared map. Can't have that. I also don't like that you can hide the menu bar.

Are we talking .tif or what? It could be something as easy as exporting it to .pdf and marking it up in Adobe Acrobat or using Photoshop or other similar products to annotate the .tif file.

that's what I am trying to figure out now. I can export a single image from the map. Can I just add the notation there with some simple editor, keep same format and import back into the map?

that's what I am trying to figure out now. I can export a single image from the map. Can I just add the notation there with some simple editor, keep same format and import back into the map?

From personal experience, yes you can with Photoshop which is what I use. However, you run the risk of corrupting the geo-data. I don't annotate a map unless the requesting party demands it. I usually export to a pdf and annotate that. You don't corrupt the ortho that way.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM