Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Advice on possible purchase of P4P+ Obsidian

Phil Skinner

Reaction score
Website
www.philskinnerphotography.com
I'm meeting someone tomorrow to possibly purchase a P4P+ Obsidian I found locally on craigslist. It's listed as "like new" shape & has never been crashed. Any suggestions on what I should look for? How can I determine how much time is on the frame? Seems like a great drone for a reasonable price just want to make sure. Thanks in advance for you help!

Time on the airframe doesn't really matter for these birds. The more important issue would be number of charge cycles on the battery(s). Apart form the visual inspection fly the bird. Does everything cycle on as it should. Do you get good control and video links. Does it fly smoothly, hover properly, etc. record both video and stills and come prepared to look at them on site. I'd bring my laptop and transfer the files from the sad card for inspection. Inspect not only the quality of the imagery, but check that the exif file is recording data correctly. I would run the bird through at least one full battery of flying time.

Reactions: Mike Flys
I'm meeting someone tomorrow to possibly purchase a P4P+ Obsidian I found locally on craigslist. It's listed as "like new" shape & has never been crashed. Any suggestions on what I should look for? How can I determine how much time is on the frame? Seems like a great drone for a reasonable price just want to make sure. Thanks in advance for you help!

Just asking how much because I got my Obsidian for around $1200 brand new from adorama not Plus version

I bought the Obsidian plus for $ 1300, only a couple months old, in like new shape. Even better, I was selling a MacBook Pro that the seller wanted so we traded plus cash. A win, win all around. Can't wait to fly this bird more!

Good deal! Congrats

Having flown my prize on a number of times, I actually prefer it to our I1 Pro. I find it more nimble and the image quality is simply superb!

I’ve sold our two old P3 Pros and use the P4 Pro as my go-to day to day platform. You won’t be disappointed if you buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN