Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Afterstorm assistants

Well done Robert.

For the record its a silly easy test and takes just a few minutes.
Yep I just took it. I'm in Mississippi, but a local company here has some interests up there and asked me if I would be willing to go up there to help with post-storm damage assessments. Ya'll stay safe up there!

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks I didn’t know if there any exceptions for a disaster. There should be enough work in SC.

Negative on disaster exceptions. And in fact Emergency Services is stricter than standard Commercial Operations. To operate on the state level for ES sUAS Operation I have to have a 3-ring binder of credentials, forms, signatures etc before I can get deployed.

I'd say there will be plenty of work in SC and NC. Attach early to an official agency and you should be good to go.

It's probably late in the game to be thinking about volunteering for the current NC situation, but never too early to begin thinking about the next disaster relief op.

Expect TFRs that will all but bar the individual sUAS operator. Check with your state or regional SAR organization(s) about joining and training. And, if you haven't already done so, sign up for FEMA's free online "Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100" course - it's pretty much a must-have starting point.

Safe flights!

Reactions: BEAR5oh
It's probably late in the game to be thinking about volunteering for the current NC situation, but never too early to begin thinking about the next disaster relief op.

Expect TFRs that will all but bar the individual sUAS operator. Check with your state or regional SAR organization(s) about joining and training. And, if you haven't already done so, sign up for FEMA's free online "Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100" course - it's pretty much a must-have starting point.

Safe flights!
Can you post the link to it?

Safe flights!
IS-00800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
IS-00700.a National Incident Management System, (NIMS), An Introduction
IS-00100.b Introduction to Incident Command System

Those were the baseline required for us by FEMA that would include UAS ops in order to work in an incident command post. There were a few others that were profession-related for GIS work during a disaster.

On the state level (In NC) we are required to have:

ICS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents (In PERSON training)
ICS-400 Advanced ICS (In PERSON training)
IS-700 NIMS, an Introduction
IS-800 National Response Framework (NRF), an Introduction

We also have to have logged 24hrs in the aircraft we intend to fly during the incident as well as be sponsored by an agency (Emergency Services) and carry liability insurance and have a letter of worker's comp from the agency.

All of these are just to get added to the database to be deployable.

On the state level (In NC) we are required to have:

ICS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents (In PERSON training)
ICS-400 Advanced ICS (In PERSON training)
IS-700 NIMS, an Introduction
IS-800 National Response Framework (NRF), an Introduction

We also have to have logged 24hrs in the aircraft we intend to fly during the incident as well as be sponsored by an agency (Emergency Services) and carry liability insurance and have a letter of worker's comp from the agency.

All of these are just to get added to the database to be deployable.

You have provided great links, thank you!

42111777_10217543784328771_1572192380931538944_n.jpg

42085494_10217543769648404_7237406844543565824_n.jpg

Several new TFR's go LIVE tomorrow in various areas of NC in addition to the existing long term Disaster TFR 20NM of ILM SFC-5K.

Check em out and don't be "That Guy" . . .

Several new TFR's go LIVE tomorrow in various areas of NC in addition to the existing long term Disaster TFR 20NM of ILM SFC-5K.

Check em out and don't be "That Guy" . . .

There will be a lot of that going around for the next few months while the states sort all this out. With all the recent past experience, FEMA should be on their game for this disaster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91