Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Ag delieverables

JDS

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have noticed that there is not much action in the AG threads as most of the other supported industries. With the amount of data we can provide to our growers, why don't we have more conversations here? I would like some of your inputs and am more than willing to share mine!

For those of you providing services to growers, what deliverables work out best?

Do you interface with Field view or John Deere ops?

What hurdles have you had to overcome?

What is your most requested service?

Do you work with local insurance adjusters or brokers for insurance claims(skymatics, etc)

Looking forward--what do you see as future benefits to our growers?

Currently my biggest hurdle is to learn the Sentera software. One reason there may not be a lot of activity in the AG forum is the time of year and weather.

Mavic Mac, where are you located?

Do you offer any AG services during the off season as far as ortho's, countour mapping for the upcoming year or pest control(moles, Prairie dogs, pigs, etc)?

What is the obstacle with the software--lack of training? Support from the software provider?

Mavic Mac, where are you located?

Do you offer any AG services during the off season as far as ortho's, countour mapping for the upcoming year or pest control(moles, Prairie dogs, pigs, etc)?

What is the obstacle with the software--lack of training? Support from the software provider?
My AG flying will be in Montana.
Right now, we are in the very beginning stage of getting a program going. Once we get our program operational it will be crop count/nutrient evaluation.

When I said my hurdle was learning the software it is with me. I am in Mass for the winter. Where I am in Mass is controlled airspace and very little ag land, also the drone is in Montana.

The customer service I receive from Sentera is EXCELLENT. Anytime I have called, their reps have always been more them willing to spend however much time I need to get the answers.

That will be some beautiful flying in Montana! Are you using a sentera modified drone?

Are you using NDVI as a nutrient evaluation or are you using soil samples?

Are you paired up with an agronomist?

Aloha,

As my husband and I been traveling to barns and houses and talking to farmers southwest of Texas, almost everyone is using John Deere Ops, Precision Ag terminals on their tractors. So what we’ve explained is that we can export shapefiles onto their terminals for prescription maps and variable rate spraying.

We’ve talked to the local farmers insurance firms, have spoken to a few coops and cotton gins and spoke to their agronomists and managers and has interests in partnering with us.

Unfortunately one of the hurdles I’ve come across is that one farmer did not want to be the “guinea pig” of our company, as we are just starting out, our rebuttal is that the farmer is not as we have experience and made projects in farms that we own. We are still trying to talk to farmers so they can hopefully spread the word around with other farmers.

Also, trying to look into getting a NDVI sensor but the only thing that seems to fit on the mavic is a Sentera, from what I’m looking so far. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalo!

Reactions: Truenorthzero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM