Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Air 2 S Battery terminal damage.

Gahan Haskins

Reaction score
One of the batteries on my Air 2 s has its plastic contact divider broken.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is this battery is no longer safe to use?
See attached pics.
IMG_4036.jpeg
IMG_4036.jpeg
IMG_4039.jpeg

I wouldn't use that battery any longer. I wouldn't consider it safe in flight or when being charged.

You can already see the gap opening up, and the contacts color changing. As the voltage drop increases across those contacts you are going to get heating. Heating will cause warping of the metal and loss of spring action causing more drop and more heating. This will eventually result in melted material around the terminals. This is something that should be checked on a preflight. Remember not just the loss of equipment, possible damage or injury, but a fire in flight is a NTSB reportable criteria. Not worth the risk for a $115 dollar battery.

You can already see the gap opening up, and the contacts color changing. As the voltage drop increases across those contacts you are going to get heating. Heating will cause warping of the metal and loss of spring action causing more drop and more heating. This will eventually result in melted material around the terminals. This is something that should be checked on a preflight. Remember not just the loss of equipment, possible damage or injury, but a fire in flight is a NTSB reportable criteria. Not worth the risk for a $115 dollar battery.
DJI offered me a new battery rep[lacement for $115. I just posted a new thread about new versus used batteries. New evil for $91 at amazon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC