Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Airspace Authorization Class D Zero Grid - Process Better than Expected.

Similar experience: My authorization was expiring in a couple months so I got a jump start on the process (my original took 5 months) - shocked to find out it took a DAY!

Nice! Last week I applied on Dronezone for an authorization to fly in a 400' grid of a Class D with contract tower. Made the request same as prior approved requests, for 1/4nm radius of different specific locations. This time the approval came in two business days and was a wide area authorization for the entire Class D. I gave a one week lead time in the application and got the approval before the start date. Since it is a wide area authorization they added a provision that I have to check UASFM before each flight in case the grid altitudes have changed.

The following changes have been made to the Airspace Authorization:
  • Radius: changed from 1/4th NM to Blanket Area / Wide Area.

I put in 2 different class D airspace authorizations on a Saturday and received approval Monday morning. First one at about 9:30 am next by 10:00 am. My request was for grids from 200 to 400. I’m going to put another in to fly in zero grids outside of airports up to 100 feet. I’ll update on status.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM