Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Another New Craft - Autel EVO2 - Swappable Gimbals, 640 Thermal, 35 min flight

None that I've even seen a whisper of yet!

Shall we get a "Best Guess" game started?

I'll go with...
EVO2 w Standard 8K Gimbal - $1300
FLIR Thermal Gimbal 640 Stnd - $4000
FLIR Thermal Gimbal 320 Stnd - $2500
6K RGB Gimbal - $600
8K RGB Gimbal - $750

Pkg Kit: EVO2 with FLIR 640 - $5100

Sorry to revive an old thread here but now that the EVO II Dual is (finally) becoming available I figured I'd clarify the guesses with fact :)

The EVO II Dual is under $10k. We cannot post actual pricing online but if any agencies or companies need additional information, formal quotes, etc our team is happy to help. We've been working with this system for quite some time primarily within LE, SAR and fire and have integrated it with our demo events (pre-COVID) and training to see where the benefits of a small, quick-deploy 640 IR system come into play.

You can see the EVO II Dual here: Autel EVO II Dual w/ FLIR 640 Thermal Sensor & 8K Camera and the right of the EVO II line up here: Autel EVO II Drone Series

EVO II Dual.JPG

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
I have high hopes. But, I've watched a couple of videos and the flight characteristics did not seem up to what we've become accustomed to with current dji drones. A little rough.
Any of you guys flying an Evo II yet and what do you think about that?

I have high hopes. But, I've watched a couple of videos and the flight characteristics did not seem up to what we've become accustomed to with current dji drones. A little rough.
Any of you guys flying an Evo II yet and what do you think about that?
I’ve owned DJI previously and moved to the Evo2Pro with the 6k sensor. Yes, out of the box the aircraft was very “heavy” while flying. Turns were too fast, braking was rough, attitude was too quick. This is a heavy and sturdy aircraft. There was only one EXP adjustment that could be made. They have since made several several updates to the firmware adding dampening adjustment to the controls in pitch, roll and yaw. Not “perfect” yet as DJIs EXP adjustment, but it’s getting real close in my opinion. They have been good so far with taking customer request for features and trying to implement them.

I’ve owned DJI previously and moved to the Evo2Pro with the 6k sensor. Yes, out of the box the aircraft was very “heavy” while flying. Turns were too fast, braking was rough, attitude was too quick. This is a heavy and sturdy aircraft. There was only one EXP adjustment that could be made. They have since made several several updates to the firmware adding dampening adjustment to the controls in pitch, roll and yaw. Not “perfect” yet as DJIs EXP adjustment, but it’s getting real close in my opinion. They have been good so far with taking customer request for features and trying to implement them.

Great feedback @sUAVe Imagery. The latest firmware update was certainly a big one, as with the Autel Explorer app update. Autel is certainly very receptive, responsive and quick to implement feature requests and big fixes.

Just a couple of screenshots to show you guys the new settings Autel implemented on the EVO 2 PRO update to gain more stable control during flight. These combined with the "Intelligent" flight modes for Dual Stability or Precision Flight make for pretty smooth transitions now. ??

Attachments

• EVO2PRO AXIS SETTINGS EXP.PNG
    EVO2PRO AXIS SETTINGS EXP.PNG
    345.4 KB · Views: 6
  • EVO2PRO GIMBAL SETTING.PNG
    EVO2PRO GIMBAL SETTING.PNG
    282.2 KB · Views: 6
  • EVO2PRO SENSITIVITY SETTINGS.PNG
    EVO2PRO SENSITIVITY SETTINGS.PNG
    249.3 KB · Views: 6
  • INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODE SCREEN.PNG
    INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODE SCREEN.PNG
    301.8 KB · Views: 5
It's unfortunate that the federal DJI paranoia is infecting local governments. The problem is allowing IT geeks to start making policy. As a group they do tend to be extremely paranoid about "their" networks. I know Autel say they are "Washington based."

I'd like to know where the components are made and assembled. China???

Louis, try to find American made components such as motors, and electronics. Most are made in China. Then the cost of software development to compete with DJI and any other Chinese company makes US development very difficult to compete.

Just a couple of screenshots to show you guys the new settings Autel implemented on the EVO 2 PRO update to gain more stable control during flight. These combined with the "Intelligent" flight modes for Dual Stability or Precision Flight make for pretty smooth transitions now. ??
Not trying to sound like a smart a.. - Are your posting the pictures to show that they are similar to the same features on the MA, or since I have never flown and EVO, that these features are new on the EVO, that were never available before ?

@Mavic Mac I was just posting pictures so some of the other commercial guys and gals can see some of the NEW features since it can be a total deal breaker for some of them if they are deciding to try the EVO 2. I've never tried flying an MA, so I had no idea that feature is similar to the MA. I do have an Inspire, which has similar EXP settings.

That's what the forum is for right? To share ideas, and experiences ???????????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM