Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any way to speed up authorization?

I have project in close proximity to LAX. I applied for FAA authorization more than 90 days ahead of time, but the project has been moved up. Does anyone know of a way to request an expedited decision?

Call your FSDO and ask if there is anything that can be done to give you an answer sooner. Just understand it might not be the answer you want due to proximity to one of the world's busiest airports. YMMV

Reactions: R Martin
This location is lines up right between the approaches of runways 24L and 24R, 1/4 mile away from the beginning of the runways. No LAANC there.

Sorry to "harp" on it... are you saying they don't utilize LAANC at that airport or do you mean it's simply in a 0' grid? If it's the latter you can apply through LAANC and just request a very low altitude and you might get it. I was granted 100' in a 0' zone at Greer International (inside joke it's not LOL) recently.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Yeah Al, I was shot down at 50' using LAANC. The subject matter is such that I'd hate to even offer it to the customer any lower than that.

I completely understand. We just shot a job in the 0' grid and we were granted 100' AGL. The highest point of our subject was 85' so we "barely" completed out task. I still don't understand why they want a 0' in an area with an 85' building LOL.

Hopefully your FSDO can help expedite it and get you an answer one way or the other quickly.

I completely understand. We just shot a job in the 0' grid and we were granted 100' AGL. The highest point of our subject was 85' so we "barely" completed out task. I still don't understand why they want a 0' in an area with an 85' building LOL.

Hopefully your FSDO can help expedite it and get you an answer one way or the other quickly.

[emoji23] the pain. I’ll take your 85’ and 100’ bro. I got granted for 80’ and it’s been a challenge to map.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am flying a monthly construction progress job in a 0" grid at a bust Class D airport. So far, have been approved for 200' and 250' using LAANC within 24 hours through Skyward.io.

Be sure to include all the mitigation details that you used in your authorization application in the LAANC request.

Happy that mine isn't at LAX!

Mack Pinnacle Ph. 2 Project FAA NM Radius.jpg

Between LAX runways 1/4 mile out... I would dread the possibility of encountering wake turbulence at that location. With a large jet passing either side every 30 seconds or so things could get pretty rough.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM