Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone for some Drone Dirt Biking footage? WADZ UP

WADZY

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined today and enjoy filming dirt biking in BC Canada.

My latest YT video includes some fairly unique dirt biking drone footage in the beautiful BC mountains

Hope you enjoy. Peace :)

Welcome...I'm a lifelong rider myself and that video is nutz...crazy good!! What helmet cam are you using? This is like the only helmet cam vid I've ever seen that actually shows the steepness of the terrain!

Reactions: WADZY
Welcome...I'm a lifelong rider myself and that video is nutz...crazy good!! What helmet cam are you using? This is like the only helmet cam vid I've ever seen that actually shows the steepness of the terrain!
Hey thank you. Always nice to meet life long riders. Believe it or not it's the GO PRO 7 on a chin mounted POV. Your so right. GP always flatten out the terrain but that day it was extraordinarily steep so there was no flattening out the video...lol.

P.S While I have you. If you know anyone in our forum community who is interested in a lightly used CrystalSky 7.85" bright Drone monitor I have an extra one for sale :)

Ha! Wow; I've been in some steep stuff that looked flat using a gopro 4 silver, superview. I changed from superview to wide and that helped a lot, but still...wow...that was some steep stuff!

So what drone did you use?? That was some seriously good obstacle avoidance!! How'd you get it to orbit you at the end?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

It was a lot steeper than it looks that I can tell you for sure.

Drone = SKYDIO 2

I was able to control orientation instructions from my remote on the handle bars.

Cheers and thanks for watching :cool:

Reactions: WildDoktor
Skydio 2! Fantastic. I've heard that thing is insanely good at avoidance...now I've seen it proven. Nice!!

Skydio 2! Fantastic. I've heard that thing is insanely good at avoidance...now I've seen it proven. Nice!!

Honestly, compared to the Mavic Pro there is literally no comparison. I gave the Mavic every chance to succeed and in the category of autonomous, avoidance and with the goal of action capture in follow mode the SkyDio scores and an A but the Mavic is a C- unless your walking on a soccer field. I'm sure others will disagree but given my experiences I'd never go back.

Reactions: WildDoktor
Nice video! I’ve been riding most of my life and I’ve recently started working on drone dirt bike footage. Lol it’s not great yet but I’ll get there. So far my specialty has been footage four wheeling with the Jeep’s. We’ve done some pretty crazy stuff and the drone helps with the angles.

A very very impressive review, the stabilization of the GoPro is amazing and the drone footage is something else.
I go 4X4ing in NZ and use a Uniden dashcam and fly an Evo 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Pro.
Your setup & commentary is first class - awesome

A very very impressive review, the stabilization of the GoPro is amazing and the drone footage is something else.
I go 4X4ing in NZ and use a Uniden dashcam and fly an Evo 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Pro.
Your setup & commentary is first class - awesome
Thank you very much for the compliments and kind words of encouragement. Really nice to hear and much appreciated.

Nice video! I’ve been riding most of my life and I’ve recently started working on drone dirt bike footage. Lol it’s not great yet but I’ll get there. So far my specialty has been footage four wheeling with the Jeep’s. We’ve done some pretty crazy stuff and the drone helps with the angles.

Offroading Drone footage is a lot of fun especially if you have a Co-pilot running the drone. I love the added flavor the drone brings to 4x4 and overlanding videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM