Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone from Italy in Real Estate Drone Business?

mattia_zocca

Reaction score
Anyone from Italy in Real Estate Drone Business?
--- --- ---

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and nevertheless I'm from Italy, I think this is a nice place where sharing ideas about creating a new business in Real Estate Drone Photography.

First of all, I'm at the beginning of my work experience so I'm not an expert. Rather for the latter, I've some questions:

1. Which is the first steps to follow for creating this type of business?

2. Is it a good idea to find potential client (realtors) walking around the city or it could be better sending formal email? In this last case, have you got any tips? Is it possibile to create also a type of Personal Branding, or it's too early? I've no experience and no finished project to show

3. Could be useful working for free in the first project?

4. I've also a friend who work in real estate market (he's a constructor): I think to start from here and then expand my business. What do you think?

5. Finally, which is the best drone to start?

Thanks a lot to everyone who answer!

Hi Mattia--

--The first thing to do would be to check with the Italian equivalent of the U.S. FAA and see what sort of licensing or certification they require in order for you to do this work commercially. Here we call it a "part 107," which may help them understand what you want.
--Your idea of working for your friend first is a good one. That way you can learn to become both a better pilot and a better photographer / videographer without having to worry about alienating a client if your early work isn't that good. Work for your friend for free until you feel as if your work is professional quality.
--Once you're more confident about that, seek out new clients a few at a time. Your friend will have other contacts in real estate, architecture, and construction. Offering to do a first shoot free for a new client is often a good way to get in the door. It's no risk to them, and you can get a feel for how the relationship will go.
--Most of the professionals I know (including me) use a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. There are rumors that a Mavic 3 Pro will be out within the next few months, but these rumors have been circulating for a long time, so if you want to get your business started now, I wouldn't wait for it.
--One bit of advice you didn't ask about, but that I'll offer anyway -- search the web until you find a few people whose work you like, and study it. See how they do what they do, then reproduce it in your own work until you're good at it. All the business planning in the world doesn't take the place of professional excellence in all three realms -- piloting, photography, and videography. In the same vein, learn the various tools available to you in the "DJI Go" sofware app, and keep practicing until you're so good at them that they become second nature.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
The drone real estate photography and videography field offers an attractive business opportunity—you get to fly drones, edit cool footage, and give realtors and potential homeowners interesting and all-encompassing shots of homes and properties. If this is the first time you are trying to fly your drone commercially, you may realize that there are a few skills you’ll need to acquire before you feel comfortable charging realtors for your services.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM