Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone Know A Good Resource for LAANC for PC ANDROID-ATC Authorizations

EP-CDP

Reaction score
I've tried to get LAANC approval using AirMaps, Kittyhawk and Skyward online and phone app with no luck. They all say that they're really for ios only at this time. Does anyone use a PC/Android resource for LAANC ATC Authorizations? Or is there another/better way? Thank you!

I've tried to get LAANC approval using AirMaps, Kittyhawk and Skyward online and phone app with no luck. They all say that they're really for ios only at this time. Does anyone use a PC/Android resource for LAANC ATC Authorizations? Or is there another/better way? Thank you!

You will need all of your information ready before obtaining authorization in any of these apps. Pilot name, phone number, certificate number, exact area to be flown, max altitude, and specific aircraft, etc...

I use Android and PC (no iOS devices). I have found that the LAANC procedure through AirMap is either very confusing or just doesn't work. It tells me that FAA authorization is available but then says it needs to be a manual FAA authorization. I know that is not the case because I checked the FAA LAANC list and the Class D airport I wanted to fly near was on the list for automatic approvals.

So I used Skyward and it worked fabulously well. There is quite a bit of initial set up to do with Skyward, including setting up your user/pilot profile, adding your drone(s), creating an operation, and then attaching at least one flight to that operation. If missing any mandatory information, it will not allow you to place the authorization request. When all the info is there, you just place the request . It can be done well in advance of your planned flight. The authorization comes back within seconds. You can print it and take it with you.

Note that if it as a NFZ, you still need to unlock the zone in DJG Go.

Thanks for that reply. Exactly the experience I've had. I fly a Typhoon H. I got close with LAANC via Skyward and got all the background input as you mentioned, but I couldnt specify or narrow down the location-the program just locked up. I exchanged several emails with them. They were positive and tried to be helpful but they did admit there are still bugs in their software; so I guess they are honest too. I will try them again today but will also try the g/f's iPad with Kittyhawk. Oh, Yuneec locks NFZ too. I've done the unlock procedure so I'm ready to go if I can get an ATC Authorization. The area I need to get to is on the very outside edge of the airport 5 mile radius. I just need a couple of shots, fly low and I'm out of there in less than10 minutes so this is very frustrating. Will keep at it. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for that reply. Exactly the experience I've had. I fly a Typhoon H. I got close with LAANC via Skyward and got all the background input as you mentioned, but I couldnt specify or narrow down the location-the program just locked up. I exchanged several emails with them. They were positive and tried to be helpful but they did admit there are still bugs in their software; so I guess they are honest too. I will try them again today but will also try the g/f's iPad with Kittyhawk. Oh, Yuneec locks NFZ too. I've done the unlock procedure so I'm ready to go if I can get an ATC Authorization. The area I need to get to is on the very outside edge of the airport 5 mile radius. I just need a couple of shots, fly low and I'm out of there in less than10 minutes so this is very frustrating. Will keep at it. Thanks for your help!
What program are you talking about? It is all web/browser based.

If you have consistent issues with one browser, try a different one. I used Chrome and it worked perfectly.

Followup: Changed browsers, redid Plan and Operation-Submitted-Approved in 1 Second. Thanks for that perfect little tidbit that made the difference.

Reactions: WVDronePilot
You will need all of your information ready before obtaining authorization in any of these apps. Pilot name, phone number, certificate number, exact area to be flown, max altitude, and specific aircraft, etc...

I use Android and PC (no iOS devices). I have found that the LAANC procedure through AirMap is either very confusing or just doesn't work. It tells me that FAA authorization is available but then says it needs to be a manual FAA authorization. I know that is not the case because I checked the FAA LAANC list and the Class D airport I wanted to fly near was on the list for automatic approvals.

So I used Skyward and it worked fabulously well. There is quite a bit of initial set up to do with Skyward, including setting up your user/pilot profile, adding your drone(s), creating an operation, and then attaching at least one flight to that operation. If missing any mandatory information, it will not allow you to place the authorization request. When all the info is there, you just place the request . It can be done well in advance of your planned flight. The authorization comes back within seconds. You can print it and take it with you.

Note that if it as a NFZ, you still need to unlock the zone in DJG Go.

Is skyward an app? The only skyward app I've found is an educational app. Thanks

Is skyward an app? The only skyward app I've found is an educational app. Thanks

No app yet but supposedly they are working on one. I’m just using the web interface @ skyward.io

Works great, but I’m solely using it for LAANC approvals, haven’t really messed with the other features they offer..

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I use Airmap with my Android phone ant it work fine. I live in Miami FL and we have airports all around so far I had no problems,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM