Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone lose a drone?

Bob

Reaction score
Someone posted a note on our gate in Ola. Just east of Kaufman that they found a drone and left a phone number. I guess they see me flying there and thought it was mine.

Were you able to find out what kind of drone it was? You may want to consider posting on the specific forum.

It's so nice to know there are still GOOD people left in this world :)

This is a great reason to have your name, #, email, and possibly "Potential Reward If Found" labels on all of your aircraft. We've done this for years... literally. We used to fly some High Altitude kites (much higher than we should have been flying) and always labeled them. I had one guy call me and WALKED about 3 miles to return one of my kites back in the '70's. We offered him $20 (probably more than the kite was worth) and he denied saying, "It was just the right thing to do". Mom gave him a ride home so he didn't have to walk back :)

I am unaware as to the type of drone I did not go out there last weekend, my brother-in-law saw the note and contacted me thinking I had been out there and it was possibly mine.

Reactions: BigAl07
It's so nice to know there are still GOOD people left in this world :)

This is a great reason to have your name, #, email, and possibly "Potential Reward If Found" labels on all of your aircraft. We've done this for years... literally. We used to fly some High Altitude kites (much higher than we should have been flying) and always labeled them. I had one guy call me and WALKED about 3 miles to return one of my kites back in the '70's. We offered him $20 (probably more than the kite was worth) and he denied saying, "It was just the right thing to do". Mom gave him a ride home so he didn't have to walk back :)

I use UAVstickers.com labels with my contact info and put them everything, Drone, batteries, RC and my Tablet.

I use UAVstickers.com labels with my contact info and put them everything, Drone, batteries, RC and my Tablet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one "labeling" everything. We have a print company local here that makes weather resistant labels but that's the only difference in what we do. We label everything, just in case.

I use uavstickers.com it is part of Toms tech time on Youtube. They have a great product. I have them do my registration numbers, battery labels, and several contact info stickers. Really quick service as well. Usually the same week the order is placed.

I lost a toy drone (and my decision was made to buy a P3).
Our neighborhood uses nextdoor.com, I posted on there asking for it to be returned but never got it back. It was a perfectly still day (on the ground), took off and it started drifting quick, then it was gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM