Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone using LIDAR?

I was doing LiDAR at NASA in the early 2010s, but the tech has come a long way since then. We were using Reigl tech.

www.reiglusa.com

The one we were using was discontinued about 2012; their new drone lidar is supposed to be pretty good.

Also - I know of a company called Phoenix LiDAR that is supposed to be awesome - requested a quote and never heard anything back.

On a recent episode of "Finding Hitler" there was a company using a DJI Matrice with lidar to locate something underground.

Right now I'm drawing a blank on the company name but will post up if I remember.:confused:

I was doing LiDAR at NASA in the early 2010s, but the tech has come a long way since then. We were using Reigl tech.

www.reiglusa.com

The one we were using was discontinued about 2012; their new drone lidar is supposed to be pretty good.

Also - I know of a company called Phoenix LiDAR that is supposed to be awesome - requested a quote and never heard anything back.

Velodyne is supposed to be pretty good also. Industry

We here at SurvTech Solutions (based in Tampa FL) use a DJI M600P model coupled with a Velodyne HDL32E scanner and STIM300 IMU/INS. LiDAR USA sells a few different systems, Phoenix Aerial also. Reigl has a system out but it's iffy and quite expensive.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the science of LiDAR or how to obtain a system. I might be able to point you in the right direction.

We had spree guys drop by with this a few weeks ago, about a half million dollar setup. It has its own van for transport. I believe its called the vapor by Pulse Aerospace

Nik

Attachments

• IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4709.JPG