Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

"Approved" UAS ground school

Gather around and sit, quietly my children. Grandpa is going to predict the future. The feds will either (a) create a whole new CFI-like certificate for UAS or (b) require UAS instructors to hold an FAA Ground Instructor certificate. A is too hard so I'm gonna guess B is coming for anyone wanting to operate a UAS ground school. Maybe even revise Part 141!
It could happen, but this would also indicate that they would begin requiring a signed Endorsement prior to taking the test. The recent NPRM indicates that new testing guidelines are coming but make no mention of an Endorsement. So, your prognostication may transpire, but it'll be a ways down the road.

Reactions: BigAl07
It could happen, but this would also indicate that they would begin requiring a signed Endorsement prior to taking the test. The recent NPRM indicates that new testing guidelines are coming but make no mention of an Endorsement. So, your prognostication may transpire, but it'll be a ways down the road.
"All this will someday come to pass... in God's good time." -Capt. Nemo...
I've probably flown west by that time...;)

Ok, so I'm a private pilot and 107, if I follow the guide lines you mentioned, I can certify myself as a UAS/SUAV instructor? sweet!

Perhaps, but it might work out better if you took and passed the FAA’s Fundamentals of Instruction test. You would at least hold a valid Ground Instructor Certificate after that you could produce as proof of being an instructor.

Perhaps, but it might work out better if you took and passed the FAA’s Fundamentals of Instruction test. You would at least hold a valid Ground Instructor Certificate after that you could produce as proof of being an instructor.
Actually, two exams, Ground Instructor—Basic Knowledge Test as well as the Fundamentals of Instructing Knowledge Test. You can skip the FOI exam if :
(1) holds a current teacher's certificate issued by a state, county, or city authorizing the applicant to teach in a junior or senior high school; or
(2) is regularly employed as an instructor in an accredited college or university.

I'm studying for the GBI know, and hope to waive the FOI since I've been adjunct faculty since 2002,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiweets Tool