Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Architecture prospective client

Hawkwind

DSAR Member
Reaction score
For those with experience in providing services to architecture firms, what would likely be their primary interests? I may have an opportunity to pitch services to a local architecture firm and am doing some research and would like to show up prepared.

Would their needs be similar to the needs of construction? I'm not sure yet if they know the ways that drone can help them.

First things I think of are maybe providing video, a 2D orthomosaic, and a 3D model of the site.

Definitely visit the firm's website, study their work and the approach their photographers take. Study several other firm's work, looking at viewpoints, lighting, optics, & framing.

When your viewpoint is not that high (say 15-50 feet, give yourself plenty of room to crop so you can straighten your perspectives in post. Remember that the drone isn't just 'aerial': It is sometime nothing more than a 25 foot tripod, and an architects expect proper perspective. See my portfolio page slideshow to see a mix of terrestrial and aerial images: Portfolio

Thanks. When I was starting out, I knew of a famous Landscape photographer (David Muench) and the “Grandaddy” of architectural photographers (Julius Shulman) were based in close proximity to me in Southern California. Both of them were gracious enough to give me a chunk of their time to answer my questions and give a little advice. I’m just passing it along.

Thanks. When I was starting out, I knew of a famous Landscape photographer (David Muench) and the “Grandaddy” of architectural photographers (Julius Shulman) were based in close proximity to me in Southern California. Both of them were gracious enough to give me a chunk of their time to answer my questions and give a little advice. I’m just passing it along.
Very nice portfolio and website. I highly recommend you get an SSL Cert for the site though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM