Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Area of Operations for granted Daylight Waivers

Fontinalis

Reaction score
I'll be submitting a 107.29 waiver soon. VO and I will include the Gold Seal night operations training for rPIC and VO and respond to the Performance Based Standards questions. I think I have a handle on what to submit for operational details and mitigations.

Many of the recently granted 107.29 waivers are valid for multiple years. What I can't tell from looking at the FAA Waivers Granted site are the areas of operation that the waivers cover. I suspect these are not limited to a small area of operations. Have any of you been granted a 107.29 waiver that doesn't specify a location? Are you good to fly at night anywhere, airspace permitting?

I could limit the geographic area for night operations in the application to where I expect to have work in the near future, but this is apx an area with 50 mile radius. I'd rather not impose unnecessary location limits if I can get approved without them.

Mine is approved as Class-G and then when my Airspace Authorization/Waiver was approved they also included 107.29 into that approval as well for the local airport.

Reactions: Fontinalis
Thanks, BigA107. It sounds like you included no specific location in your application other than Class G? Nice that they included your 107.29 waiver in your airspace authorization.

I have had two airspace authorizations denied. One of the FAA contractors who contacted me said that he didn't think any were being approved in my area due to NY area ATC denying all sUAS airspace authorizations. He said I might have better luck outside the SWAT season, but even if that was not the case, I suspect my applications haven't been up to snuff.

I have some client sites in Class E surface for which I've been twice denied and have one pending in Class D. Need to work on the quality of those submissions, but it's hard to improve given the lack of details in the denial letters. On the bright side, I've already learned quite a bit since this forum was created.

A big THANKS and Hats Off to the commercialdronepilots.com creators and admins!

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Reactions: Fontinalis
I had no problem obtaining a location specific Class C waiver from Long Island MacArthur Airport. I suspect that's due to my conservative altitude request and small radius of operation. I just needed it to cover any equipment testing, maintenance, and training needs conducted in the vicinity of our property.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku