Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Battery Maintenance ?

As noted above the 0.13 volt deviation caused a return to home warning. Once landed the drone won't allow flights until deviation is corrected ( batteries replaced)
Now here is another question, the Inspire has two batteries, if one fails, are both replaced or just the one? Is it wise to match a new battery with old?

Are you flying the Inspire 1 with 1 battery at a time, or the Inspire 2 with 2 batteries at a time?

If it is the Inspire 1 with 1 battery at a time, just replace the bad battery. Your old one just won't have quite the flight time of the new one depending on how much the old one has been used etc.

If they are being flown in pairs, you want to fly the same pair and keep them paired. The general advice out there is not to match a new to an old, the new battery will hold its voltage much better than the old one, again depending on how old the old one is. In this scenario you are kind of screwed on the pair if 1 goes bad :/

Reactions: R Martin
Are you flying the Inspire 1 with 1 battery at a time, or the Inspire 2 with 2 batteries at a time?

If it is the Inspire 1 with 1 battery at a time, just replace the bad battery. Your old one just won't have quite the flight time of the new one depending on how much the old one has been used etc.

If they are being flown in pairs, you want to fly the same pair and keep them paired. The general advice out there is not to match a new to an old, the new battery will hold its voltage much better than the old one, again depending on how old the old one is. In this scenario you are kind of screwed on the pair if 1 goes bad :/

I'm flying the Inspire 2, that's why I questioned mixing old with new. The thing is with the Inspire 2 if one battery fails you can still fly and return to home. My thinking was if the second battery is still showing strong cell readings why spend the money. Also is the battery voltage deviates too much between battery one and two you get a battery error and can't fly, so I can see the reasoning behind replacing both.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rats404