Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Be Careful With Facebook

I didn't know we had a Facebook Section

We don't. Maybe it would be a good idea. What's the point?

I have not yet figured out how to use facebook to my advantage, but others have used it successfully to promote their businesses and I'd like to know more about it and how it works.

We don't. Maybe it would be a good idea. What's the point?

I have not yet figured out how to use facebook to my advantage, but others have used it successfully to promote their businesses and I'd like to know more about it and how it works.

The Point? I thought this forum was about Commercial Drone Pilots, Not Social Media.

The Point? I thought this forum was about Commercial Drone Pilots, Not Social Media.

Look at the title of this sub-forum, please: "off-topic"

Besides that nobody can be a "commercial" drone photographer without having customers, and facebook is a way that they can be acquired.

Besides that....why not just ignore posts and threads that are of no interest to you? Why be a party pooper?

Look at the title of this sub-forum, please: "off-topic"

Besides that nobody can be a "commercial" drone photographer without having customers, and facebook is a way that they can be acquired.

Besides that....why not just ignore posts and threads that are of no interest to you? Why be a party pooper?

I am ignoring you, this is not a battlefield. I read your original post and you are contradicting yourself. No wonder they suspended you. Nuff Said

I have a FB product page registered under my company's name and a personal page that's not. On that personal page, I've engaged in many political debates, some resulting in a good deal of acrimony. I've never had problems from FB.

Bottom line...this feels like a cautionary tail with this note.
  • Read and make sure you're clear about FB's terms on behavior, or action that could result in suspension.
  • In this environment, don't masquerade as a Russian if trolls label you as a bot.

I am ignoring you, this is not a battlefield. I read your original post and you are contradicting yourself. No wonder they suspended you. Nuff Said
Discussing Facebook as a way to promote your commercial business is a perfectly valid topic.
Lots of very successful companies do it, and some of our members have posted success stories

Discussing Facebook as a way to promote your commercial business is a perfectly valid topic.
Lots of very successful companies do it, and some of our members have posted success stories

Thanks. Also this subforum is for "off topics" so anything that is not overtly controversial like politics and religion is allowed to be posted here.

I will have to comment later as I am too busy loading my AR-15 magazines up so that I can throw them in my jacked-up four-wheel-drive pick up as I go at riding out in the mud to fly my drone....rofl

I have a personal and business Facebook page. My business page is tightly controlled and the public cannot comment without me approving their post. Its a valuable advertising tool and functions much like a web site so people can check me out and see I'm legit.

On the flip side I compete in the Precision Rifle Series and Im likely the envy of most swat teams. I post my shooting passion on facebook regularly and I have no issues. I do however keep that kind of stuff off of my business page. You can't successfully protest a page that's strictly business. Most businesses that cater to the shooting sports have facebook pages so your situation is odd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC