Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Bird abatement

R.P..R

Reaction score
Website
www.rprsolution.com
Hello gang,

Last year, I was approached company to doing bird abatement. The contract has been a hit and miss, but during the process, I had this idea of building a cheaper alternative drone not knowing that it would consume and challenged me, to add it is not cheap when you are starting out. LOL

Conclusion. Birds are not scared of drones...

Reactions: AMann
You need a furry, well trained drone with a wagging tail and four legs to do that properly... but good try anyway!

Reactions: R.P..R
Have you seen the Goosinator? I think you've proved that geese aren't scared off by amazing aerobatics overhead. The Goosinator claims success vlamalating on the ground with big teeth, can also chase them away on the water. I don't know how effective it is, but their videos have geese fleeing the Goosinator, not watching an airshow...

We had flights using our Inspire, along with it are a couple of close calls that got me spooked that I had to land immediately. The best method to scare or harass these birds away is to be consistent, but clients are a bit impatient that they want a quick solution.

We did a flight harassing pigeons using two methods. The first method was close-quarter flybys, second was by playing predatorial sound via Mavic that did not work either, it seems as though these birds are getting really smart. Clients or anyone doing this type of contract needs dedicated drones and clients with deep pockets to achieve results.

Have you seen the Goosinator? I think you've proved that geese aren't scared off by amazing aerobatics overhead. The Goosinator claims success vlamalating on the ground with big teeth, can also chase them away on the water. I don't know how effective it is, but their videos have geese fleeing the Goosinator, not watching an airshow...

That’s similar to my dog idea, geese are much more intimidated by things chasing them on the ground than by a little globfly flying above them. That gooseinator looks effective! It would also be a very simple thing to build, it’s essentially just a 2-channel remote controlled pontoon boat model with a model airplane motor on the front of it. I take it that it’s electric motor powered, but for really bad cases of aggressive geese, a loud gas powered model airplane engine would work really well on that!

A 12 ga shotgun would have done the trick, and a lot faster. Don't ever try that with red tail hawks, they will attach your drone, I imagine eagles will also, just remember you can climb faster than they can, but you can't out dive them.

Reactions: R.P..R
A 12 ga shotgun would have done the trick, and a lot faster. Don't ever try that with red tail hawks, they will attach your drone, I imagine eagles will also, just remember you can climb faster than they can, but you can't out dive them.

Predatory birds act different towards FPV race drones as they would with a regular drone (for example a Mavic) as I saw first hand a hawk took one out of the air.

I’ve chased a hawks (not proud of it) the hawk tried to grab the drone, but failed numerous times, I believe it’s due to the drones acrobatic agility and also, you are always looking or tracking your subject and when the subject is out of view the operator can quickly adjust with a bust of thrust and power. On the air these birds becomes predictable.

That’s similar to my dog idea, geese are much more intimidated by things chasing them on the ground than by a little globfly flying above them. That gooseinator looks effective! It would also be a very simple thing to build, it’s essentially just a 2-channel remote controlled pontoon boat model with a model airplane motor on the front of it. I take it that it’s electric motor powered, but for really bad cases of aggressive geese, a loud gas powered model airplane engine would work really well on that!
Man, your kid can build that....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gstrick1215