Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Brisbane, Australia

anzacjack

Reaction score
Hello to all
Good to see this forum opening up as another great resource for pilots new and old.
Ive been in Aviation Industry for 40 years now. First serving 20 years in the RAAF as an engineer, finishing my career on the mighty F111. Ive had my private pilots licence for about 25 years now and my RPAS tickets for about 5 years (which was pretty early here in Australia but I wanted to get in at ground level due to my educational role)
Currently I am Head of Aviation at Aviation High School, in Brisbane. We have been playing with drones since entering the first UAV Outback Challenge over 10 years ago now. Only in the last 5 or so years we have started playing with multirotors. We began with the Horizon Hobby Blade 350 and then moving to full range of custom designed and built drones. Moving to the naza platform with Team Blacksheep frames was the top of our range for a while. Students have their own drones and have been flying everything from Parrots to the early Phantoms.
With the industry growing we have become more focused on the outcomes for all this "hobby" flying.
Aviation High is now the first school in Australia to be delivering a fully government supported and funded program that will have our students gaining a Cert 3, Aviation - RPAS qualification as well as a CASA Remote Pilots Licence. This is all delivered as one of our school elective subjects and very exiting opportunity for our students.

I personally am currently operating an Inspire 1 and a Mavic and occasionally still get out my old TBS Disco for a bit of fun.

Looking forward to interacting with you all

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM