Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

British weather

Red90

Reaction score
Website
www.red90.co.uk
My first free weekend in ages, a shiny new P4 Obsidian sat on my desk fully charged and ready to go..

.. the only thing holding me back is the wet British weather - typical!!

My first free weekend in ages, a shiny new P4 Obsidian sat on my desk fully charged and ready to go..

.. the only thing holding me back is the wet British weather - typical!!

I need to get out too once the weather clears. We have sickening weather in the UK really ,You see a few good days and them back to grey and awful lol

Reactions: Red90
I can add my agreement there. If it’s not the rain, it’s the wind, if it’s not them then poor visibility. Flying this past couple of weeks has been optimistic. Took one of my fleet on holiday to Sunny Southport . Never got out of its case. Even tried to day, wind again (not mine either). Struggling to keep my hours up.

Reactions: mick and Red90
I made a nice lighthouse vid last summer ... it took me 4 visits to the site before I found a wind app that was accurate enough to spare me unnecessary trips (WINDY.COM) and then 4 more visits for light considerations, etc. before I could fly safely. This was a 3 mile flight (out and back), most over open ocean, and I would NOT fly it if winds were greater than 8mph. I have learned a thing or two about winds aloft, coastal wind masses and DJI batteries.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143