Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Buy DJI spark now, or wait until the Tuesday announcement?

DJI could announce the rumored Mavic Air drone next week, teaser trailer suggests | TechRadar

So, DJI has a new drone reveal Tuesday. If its a mavic air, basically just above a spark, but below mavic, does anyone think spark prices will drop thereafter? The suspense is killing me :)

I'd wait. But, DJI seems to never heavily discount a prior model concurrent with a new model being introduced. At most, discounts or reductions are about $100 which remain in effect for quite a while before any other downward movement.

I have the spark that I use just for fun basically. It’s nice to have it at hand all of the time, but honestly, I kinda regret buying it the day it came out. I waited for months for it... I was so excited, and now barely use it.

Why are you looking for the Spark?

I’ve been thinking about a less expensive alternative for situations when the Inspire 2 is overkill. But not pulling the trigger on anything until this announcement. I’ve got my fingers crossed for either a 4K mavic or p5 with retractable landing gear.

My credit card is looking at me and feeling nervous already.....
My credit card is also starting to shiver nervously . Have you seen the thread on Facebook about the phantom 4 Pro update that shows a detachable lens camera, with 4 or 5 different focal length lenses to choose from? Now that I’d be interested in...

Reactions: karaemurphy
I’ve been thinking about a less expensive alternative for situations when the Inspire 2 is overkill. But not pulling the trigger on anything until this announcement. I’ve got my fingers crossed for either a 4K mavic or p5 with retractable landing gear.

The Mavic is already 4K

It will be interesting if they announce a 4k Spark - Walkera ha already announced one. It's called the Walkera Peri. Has a 15 min flight time, 4k Camera, and 3 Axis gimbal. Thing is -- Walkera has developed some really good drones, but others have fallen flat. Its competitor to the Mavic, the Vitus didn't do to well in any of the reviews I saw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905