Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Camarillo, CA - Getting foot in the pro water

Hawk1

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve had my P4P for 10 months, with FAA license. Periodically take the drone out to practice video. My County (Ventura) is not letting us go higher than 200 feet, and there are challenges otherwise, but basically I’m looking for input as to whether I’m overboard with the babying of myself and not going out and getting jobs — real estate, small film works, maybe inspections. I’m generally familiar with Go 4 and Litchi, although not with instant know-what-to-do-and-use comfort. I want to deliver a quality product and not look hesitant in front of any client, but I gotta get out there sometime. Any sage advice out there?

Reactions: dirkclod
Build a killer website and perform proper SEO on a regular basis; come up on the first page of Google and Bing. While SEO is developing (it takes time) purchase adwords.

For real estate, find open houses and show up with your drone and offer a freebie. This will get your foot in the door and hopefully repeat business. Worked for me.

Build a killer website and perform proper SEO on a regular basis; come up on the first page of Google and Bing. While SEO is developing (it takes time) purchase adwords.

For real estate, find open houses and show up with your drone and offer a freebie. This will get your foot in the door and hopefully repeat business. Worked for me.

How proficient were you before you “hung out your sign”?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: PCTyphoon and Hawk1
How proficient were you before you “hung out your sign”?
Proficient? It's like beauty and in the eye of the beholder. I'm willing to put myself out there and give 'er a go. Have rarely lacked confidence for some strange reason that even I don't understand. I know I can fly the thing decently. I know plenty about photography and am learning more about videography every day. Editing is fun and frustrating all at once - it takes so long to get it just so. Hope that helps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC