Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Checking in from Missouri

Gabe

Reaction score
Hello all, Gabe here. I'm a retired first responder, Instrument rated pilot, and am working on a Fire/LEO UAV project for my local county. I'm having difficulty finding grant funding for our project. Can anyone provide some insights? I've completed a few projects for friends and family, but no paid 107 gigs yet.

D&A Commercial UAV

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Hello and WELCOME to the forum.

Funding is a HUGE hurdle for all of our Public Safety Depts trying to get an sUAS program "off the ground". Your best bet is to reach out to local "Civic" clubs (Rotary etc) and see if they will help. It's TOUGH getting $$ for a Public Safety group and even tougher for new technology. Many times people find it hard to donate for a "toy drone" when a Dept needs turn out gear, defibrillators etc. I completely understand where they are coming from though.

Reactions: Gabe
Hello and WELCOME to the forum.

Funding is a HUGE hurdle for all of our Public Safety Depts trying to get an sUAS program "off the ground". Your best bet is to reach out to local "Civic" clubs (Rotary etc) and see if they will help. It's TOUGH getting $$ for a Public Safety group and even tougher for new technology. Many times people find it hard to donate for a "toy drone" when a Dept needs turn out gear, defibrillators etc. I completely understand where they are coming from though.

Thank you for the information. I've got another two presentations in the near future to include all local agencies. Given your recommendation, I'll ask that the LEO and Fire leaders invite some local organizations, including the known donation heavy hitters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar